My Stand Up

Started by SiliasRuby, September 11, 2009, 04:22:49 AM

Pozer

Stefen

03 is cool. He's always been cool so I don't really get the attacks he went on last night. Oh, well. I'm sure he regrets it and can offer a response and or an apology.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on October 06, 2009, 05:29:37 PM
03 is cool. He's always been cool so I don't really get the attacks he went on last night. Oh, well. I'm sure he regrets it and can offer a response and or an apology.

SiliasRuby

Jesus Christ, I recently rewatched these videos and Oh-God. It was horrible. I mean there are one or two bits in there theat might work if they were mined out but yeah, most of that was just not funny. I recently took one comedy class and at the end we got to do a set at the hollywood improv on melrose ave. It went fairly well. Actually better than I thought. Mostly because while I had one or two rants in there I mined and got to the inertia of each moments and find better jokes. I've done one or two open mics since the set at the hollywood improv and I've found what is working and what hasn't. My dad recorded the 8 minute set at the hollywood improv if you guys want to hear that. I've learned to slow down, make more fun of myself, and be a little less angry. I still have a long long way to go. I know that. And rants (as much as I love them) can be a bit grating.

Again, let me know if you want to hear the hollywood improv 7 minute set let me know. Good news is that I booked my first showcase for April 6th at a comedy club in north hollywood.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SiliasRuby

My Collection

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Rooty Poots

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 09, 2012, 11:24:58 PM
A Set I did at the hollywood improv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOhefVfsxM&context=C49de232ADvjVQa1PpcFPL8XM0WE72YyLCTeH6zu1I1Ws_zt19uUc=

I liked how the emcee rubbed down the mic with a tissue after.

This was a solid set, you should be proud. The bit about rap was a bit unresolved, and I felt you could've ended with a more solid joke (like the joke about getting your mom tested). But there was some really good stuff in here. I loved the casual way you pulled out your notes and said "Okay, moving on..." That came off so subtly self-deprecating in an authentically humorous way.

I used to do standup for a short while... Not long enough to get really good at it, and really find my voice, but long enough to make a lot of great relationships with other comics who always phone me up to run over there set with me and get criticism, and your set easily stands up with all of them, so good job. Some of your freak-outs on stage are golden; figure out a way to run with that without it getting too annoying.

Good luck and don't give up, you've got a talent for this.

EDIT: Also wish that I could still view the original videos at the start of this thread. Seems they must've been mostly awful, and I love me some awfully awkward standup. Glad to see you seem to have improved though.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco