If You Were a New Member Again...

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 09, 2010, 12:56:47 AM

Gold Trumpet

...What would your username be? Would it still be the same thing or something different? Some of us are old enough to the forum where our original usernames were selected when we had completely different personalities and interests. I identify people here by their usernames so it would be interesting to see what some new choices would be.

I found myself thinking about this one afternoon and came upon Laurentian Blood. I got it from a review of a Sam Peckinpah film. It was used to describe the toughness of Peckinpah's personality in his films, meaning that his blood could only have come from the darkest depths of the Laurentian Abyss. I don't find much gravitas in the phrase besides just liking it. Laurentian Blood would also fit better with my avatar.

Of course I'll never change my username, but just saying....

Stefen

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on January 09, 2010, 12:56:47 AM
...What would your username be? I found myself thinking about this one afternoon and came upon Laurentian Blood.

Same.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Haha.

I'm fine with my username, even though sometimes people think it refers to a bullet caliber or penis size.

Gold Trumpet

Lol@Stefen. It's almost as good of an honor as Mod's sig.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I can't really shrug mine off. I mean, walrus is ok, and occasionally W works, but a total change of my screenname wouldn't stop me from being identified as walrus.  Look at Neon.  Pyramid Machine my ass, he's Neon.  I think I was 15 when I first signed up for the board, so I at least dropped the "kookookajoob" part, but walrus remains.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

My name was originally a Simpsons reference that received a Euro 'u' at some point in the 6 years I've been on here. I've got another nom de plume that I started using after Xixax, because Gamblour never really seemed right elsewhere. Plus, there's something kind of handsome, to me, about that capital G. I like that it is what it is.
WWPTAD?

The Perineum Falcon

I'd probably keep this one, being better than the first "ranemaka13."

Although, my favorite has always been "Wahlberg's Third Nipple," but that's just silly.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

mine is kid slang for stupid in quebecois... I use it everywhere else also but started using it here.

My old nick as a kid on every message board was Arachno... because I was riding the web like a spider. That's right, like a spider.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Stefen

I worked for AOL during high school and a big rumor around the call center was that Tom Cruise's screenname was "AGoodActor" which always cracked me up.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

if i were a new member, i'd probably either go with Fomaphone (my name on other boards, intended to mean a fluent speaker of foma-- little untruths that we tell ourselves to remain more or less happy and to appear sane as Vonnegut uses the word in Breakfast of Champions)

i considered changing my board name here a while ago to "sleepy" because i thought it was actually a really good tag for me when P used it derisively once after i insulted him. it just works for me here-- i'm always crazy late to reply to hot threads or to see movies, i usually am literally sleepy when i post, and in general i tend to miss beats and react to things like someone who has just woken up-- briefly.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.