Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

rustinglass

Quote from: Gamblor[img]
For those wanting the Fight Club subliminal cap, click here.

There are a few in the beggining to
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Alethia

©brad

caperrific! 'pecially the last three, which work so well in conjunction w/ one another.

SHAFTR

I think Radiohead's street spirit video has many great shots in it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

rustinglass

I've seen The element of crime and lost highway recently, because I read somewhere on the internet that they are related, and I agree.

I think that david lynch was inspired by von trier's ideas, specially on the splitting headaches associated with personality/character changes:

there are some other similar caps I could do but I've got bandwidth problems (godamned angelfire).
Anyway Lost HIghway just gets better and better, I hadn't seen for a couple of years, and now Whoa!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

luctruff

i haven't seen it in a while, but the end of '400 blows' where the kid runs to the beach and turns to the camera, which zooms and ends in a freeze.
"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

Reinhold

i love the shot of The Dude on the toilet with his hair wet and his sunglasses on. it's not the best ever, but it makes my list.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

picolas

world record for the most framing. find me a shot that is quantitatively more frametastic.

mogwai

i dunno but that cap reminded me of this one:

phil marlowe

hey rustinglass, do you have the element of crime on dvd? if so, where did you get it?

rustinglass

Well it's actually a ..cough cough.... dvdrip that I downloaded off overnet.
But it's from the criterion collection. I can't read region1 dvds.
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

phil, it's available at discshop for only 159 swedish kronor.

phil marlowe

thanks for the info rustin and mogs. i can't play regiom one dvd's either, so i'll have to go with that swedish thingy once i feel i can afford it, which will be in like 20 years or something

they also had europa on dvd at discshop, i have never seen it but if everything goes right, then i'm seeing it tonight. i'm pretty exited really

picolas

Quote from: picolas

find me a shot that is quantitatively more frametastic.
Quote from: mogwaii dunno but that cap reminded me of this one:

...you win.

mogwai

Quote from: picolas...you win.
alrighty then, please challenge me with another cap. 8)