Sufjan Stevens

Started by Pedro, June 01, 2004, 02:41:31 AM

Gamblour.

John Wayne Gacy Jr is probably the best, most beautiful song I've heard in a long time.
WWPTAD?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

so what do you think the last verse is supposed to imply?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleuth

IMHO Sufjan is a murderer, I don't see how it could mean anything else honestly.
I like to hug dogs

tpfkabi

Quote from: SleuthIMHO Sufjan is a murderer, I don't see how it could mean anything else honestly.

with the exception of that last verse, it seems like he's just telling about Gacy's life. maybe it's supposed to be sung from the point of view of another serial killer that found inspiration from Gacy? or maybe Sufjan is just relating Gacy's sins to his own. either way or neither, it's a beautiful song.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: SleuthIMHO Sufjan is a murderer, I don't see how it could mean anything else honestly.

with the exception of that last verse, it seems like he's just telling about Gacy's life. maybe it's supposed to be sung from the point of view of another serial killer that found inspiration from Gacy? or maybe Sufjan is just relating Gacy's sins to his own. either way or neither, it's a beautiful song.

I think it's obviously Sufjan relating Gacy's story and making the connection between types of Skeletons in the Closet at the end. Also, the whole idea of a facade hiding a darkness buried inside, very nice way of putting it.

God that line he sings..."even more, they were boys, with their cars, summer jobs...oh my god...." GODDAMN. It's so fucking tragic.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

what about on the first track (the best one) when he goes

"then to lebanon, ough gwaawd"
I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

That one's ok, I guess. No, wait. No, it's no good.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

IMHO Sufjan is lebanese, I don't see how it could mean anything else honestly.
under the paving stones.

deathnotronic

EDIT: Link to a song off of it!

Slick Shoes

I really like the song entitled "They are Night Zombies!! They are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!"

Sleuth

Did you hear the rest of the CD, cause I seriously hate that song and it shouldn't be on there
I like to hug dogs

Slick Shoes

Quote from: SleuthDid you hear the rest of the CD, cause I seriously hate that song and it shouldn't be on there
I did. Why do you hate it?

Sleuth

Quote from: Slick Shoes
Quote from: SleuthDid you hear the rest of the CD, cause I seriously hate that song and it shouldn't be on there
I did. Why do you hate it?

Actually I don't remember, but I have been skipping it ever since the 2nd time I heard it.  From memory I know that it doesn't fit with the CD and it was really really really really repeally really repetilly really repetive
I like to hug dogs