Introduction

Started by Kal, July 10, 2003, 03:24:11 PM

Kal

Hello everyone,

I just registered and wanted to write something about me and what I'm doing. I read a lot of the theads and conversations and I see that there are some really interesting people in here.

I am now starting my career in the Film industry. I'm not ignorant about it as I've been studying and I've been a movie fan all my life, and I was always really interested to get involed.

Until now I didnt have the chance, but I did get involved in the Entertainment business in general, and created a few successful projects related mainly to music. I'm today the president of a Holding group which owns 2 independent record labels, an artist management company, a talent agency, and a very important music website.

Now I'm finally getting involved in what I love the most, which is Film. My advantage over most of the beginners is that I know very much how the media works already, and I have a lot of experience. Also, I have close contacts and partnerships with big corporations that own several of the biggest studios (AOL-TimeWarner, Vivendi-Universal).

I also have my investors from all this other stuff that are quite happy with the results and will be willing to invest in new projects that I bring, as far as they are fun, interesting, and give them the possibility to be on the map and also make a lot of money.

What I need is to get a more internal flavor of how independent film works, and Im already studying screenplay, direction and some other stuff. I'm not planning on actually directing a film, but I do want to know how the process is well and understand how different directors work. I already know some about all this because I've watched thousands of movies and I really pay attention to details.

So well this was kind of and introduction and it looks like Im trying to sell something, but Im not. Just wanted everyone to know that Im not full of crap and I am a newbie on this business but with big plans and dreams, and I have a positive experience with the Music business and I hope I can do something great with Film as well.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you all around here.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

mindfuck

Welcome.

Just curious, what are the names of the companies you are involved with?

TheVoiceOfNick

Welcome. I'm pretty new here too... nice website... i'd like to know more about your projects. Please share.

Nick

Alethia

welcome as well.  im sort kinda new here.  heh.....

chainsmoking insomniac

Welcome to Xixax.  

If not directing, do you plan on writing feature-length films (or shorts for that matter) after learning about screenplay writing, or are you mainly interested in producing independent features?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Kal

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

My idea is to learn as much as I can about all the steps and all the things I need to know and take care of to make a real hit movie. I can get the budget for it, but money is nothing if you dont have the brains, the experience, the knowledge. That requires me to learn a lot, and get a team of people that are experts.

So my plan is to learn and Im also a very good writer so Im going to try to bring some of my writing into a nice screenplay. In my general plan anyways my idea is to be producer and not to be involved in any of the techincal aspect of the production.

For the ones that were asking, the holding group is called THE COMPANY, LTD. We own several independent companies and I dont really want to discuss or give detailed information about that YET, as I dont know you guys. I will for sure at some point. The one you can look is the website that I have in my info, which is EMEPE3.COM. That was the 1st music website for the hispanic market and now will be the 1st Digital Music Store for the hispanic market. I was the founder of the company 5 years ago before I got involved in the holding group, which then financed the whole project. We're now investing about 1 million in advertising to launch the Digital Music Store in the US Latin market, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Colombia and Chile. That will be by the end of October probably.

bonanzataz

love your avatar. hehe, that guy cracks me up.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

Quote from: andykTMy idea is to learn as much as I can about all the steps and all the things I need to know and take care of to make a real hit movie.

<----starts the french roast coffee

Raikus

Quote from: bonanzatazlove your avatar. hehe, that guy cracks me up.
Hate the avatar. But that's because I'm obviously anti-semitic. Yup. Obviously.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.