THE LIST

Started by modage, May 12, 2003, 06:45:49 PM

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: MrBurgerKingYeah, the admins are right.. calling someone a McDonalds employee is a bit too harsh, perhaps I should have settled for Dennys?

you committed what's called thread hijacking.  taking a thread someone else has started and shifting the topic to make it your own.  i probably wouldn't have had such a problem with it had it not been the first reply to a thread, and the first reply to a thread of someone somewhat new to the boards.  it's probably the only time i'll ever do that again, hijacking right off the bat is probably what drives people away from boards like these

Just so long as it was you who did it and not some prick like Jon Mulvaney, or Ronald McDonald, then I'm fine with it.

Mesh

Quote from: themodernage02oh, and i was just kind of randomly compiling some "important" directors to flesh out their catalogues but if there is anything else not on there feel free to recommend that too.

I do believe one has not really seen a good survey of American cinema until one has seen several Chaplin shorts, several Chaplin features, and several Buster Keaton features.

At the very least, add to your list:

The Kid
Modern Times
The Great Dictator
The General
Sherlock, Jr.