Se7en

Started by bonanzataz, February 08, 2003, 10:43:19 PM

©brad

i want one of those.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Kev Hoffman
Quote from: punchdrunk23I do think Fincher deserves a string on this board because Seven was by far his best fucking movie.

What are you trying to say?  If he has a great movie in your opinion he should be allowed space?

Well, I may be new around here, and not quite informed about how directors get their own forum space, but I must say that just because he had 1 or 2 great movies, he isn't as deserving as some directors to have his own forum space.  IMO of course.

Yep Kev, you are new around here.  And it is just an opinion, so don't get your panties in a bunch.  :wink:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: budgieSo... what is a gyrosphere, please?

The gyroshere is a stabilizing mount that keeps the camera from shaking when filming, usually when it's attached to a helicopter (see below).

Quote from: budgieAnd was I right in seeing a 'Wescam operator' in the credits? If so, what is that?

The Wescam is the camera that is mounted to a helicopter or place, etc. So the operator is the cameraman shooting the footage while airborne.

Thank you.

Spike

This movie's just fucking great, man!
David Fincher is so scary talented. The beginning credits are just so cool and innovative. And I just like films where the evil wins (okay, in "Se7en" the evil not wins officially, but imo it wins).

Spike
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

budgie

Quote from: Spike(okay, in "Se7en" the evil not wins officially, but imo it wins).

Oh, I think it wins. I think in Fincher's films it always wins. But I wouldn't call it 'evil'.

Seven grows on me more and more, or even in me. Even Brad don't seem so poor now.

coffeebeetle

Budgie, I know I'm new here, but will you marry me?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

budgie

Quote from: coffeebeetle25Budgie, I know I'm new here, but will you marry me?

Don't take this as a rejection, more a piece of advice:

Anyone who wants to marry me is lost from the start.

tpfkabi

this came on tv the other day........so i decided to whip the DVD out...........4 commentaries.........i listened to the Story one.........pretty cool........i think i will listen to the Look one next.

i love this film. everytime it comes on i can't turn it off. the "look" of the film is amazing. editing (the chase scene)........colors (or lack thereof)..........title sequence........Morgan Freeman, Spacey, Pitt, Paltrow...........perfect ending........interesting to hear the ways that the studio wanted to change the story........reverse credits (has that been done before?).........a masterpiece in my humble opinion
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

socketlevel

the last line of the film is one of the best lines in film history.  truly touching and chilling!
the one last hit that spent you...

Alethia

i loved this film

Finn

I just finished watching this movie again. I have to say that this and Fight Club are the two most beautiful David Fincher movies. Once you've seen the movie and go back to watch it again, you recognize more of what Fincher's doing. I still think that the scene with Morgan Freeman in the library with Air on G String by Bach playing with the camera going over the city is one of the most beautiful sequences I've ever seen.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

Quote from: SydneyG String

ha

Finn

That's what I love about our generation. It takes anything classy or beautiful and turns into trash. Typical. :cry:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pubrick

Quote from: Sydneyclassy
ha
under the paving stones.

Finn