LOTR:Two Towers

Started by Banky, June 12, 2003, 12:00:10 AM

dufresne

Quote from: GhostboyWhat do you mean?

well, the first edition of FOTR came out.  i was about to purchase it till someone let me know about the second 'extended' version of the movie.

it seems like the same situation here.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Banky

why would it be such a bad thing to redo the FOTR scences with Gollum?

Redlum

It just means its another dvd. And the present one is pretty definitive.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

gollum was hardly in fellowship and i don't remember anything being wrong with him when he was in it...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Redlum

Ok, he doesn't match up though. Take a look at the the '..time that is given to you" speech in Moria, and the 'lost! my precious is lost' in the prologue - he does look different to the Two Towers. In the commentary PJ said he'd like to go back and update those snippets, but its hardly worth it .
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

bonanzataz

they could just attribute the "lost my precious is lost" scene to aging. gollum used to look like a regular hobbit (right) but then he got really old and gollummy.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

oakmanc234

Can't wait to own 'Towers'. Then a few months later, the arrival of the final flick.

I have the upmost respect for these flicks. I think they are just soooooooo fucking good. Damn. I can't even imagine how good the last one is going to be........
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Banky

this probably wont be the best place to post this but i was wondering if the academy will give Return of The King a lot of more consideration for awards like best picture and especially director for PJ since this is the final chapter in one of the best series of all time.

children with angels

Yeah, they'll givie it its dues this time. I'm sure that's always been the plan: wait till the last one...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

oakmanc234

If there's any justice in the world, that will be the case.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Redlum

Yeah definately for PJ.
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Extended Edition. Replicating the same release pattern as The Fellowship of the Ring last year (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), New Line Home Entertainment will release the theatrical cut as a two-disc set in August, followed by this four-disc behemoth on November 18th.

In addition to a newly-expanded cut of the film featuring over 40 minutes of new material, the extras are vast. The feature is spread over the first two discs, with four audio commentaries by director Peter Jackson and the writers, the second with the design team, the third with the production team and the four with the cast. The feature is presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital Surround EX and DTS 6.1 ES Discrete soundtracks.

Disc three features The Appendices: Adapting the book into a screenplay and planning the film, the design and inspiration for locations in Middle-earth storyboards to pre-visualization, a Weta Workshop visit to see the sculptors in action as they create the weapons, armor, creatures and miniatures from the film, an "Atlas of Middle-Earth," an additional interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process, multiple featurettes including "Sending Actors to Battle" (preparation for sword fighting), "Post-Production" (editing it all together) and "Principal Photography" (stories from the set), a look at the digital effects including motion capture and "Massive" (a program to create armies of Orcs), additional "Bigatures" (a close-up look at the detailed miniatures used in the film), a sound design demonstration, still galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists plus additional behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos. Also included are extensive ROM extras to be announced. Retail is $39.95.

Last but not least, New Line will also release a special Gift Set of the Extended Edition, which also streets on November 18th. Expect the same great extras above plus a Collectible Gollum polystone statue created by Sideshow Weta, "The Evolution of Gollum" exclusive documentary on the Weta Workshop and how the Gollum statue was created, a printed companion piece showing how Gollum evolved from pencil sketch to sculpted maquette to digital character, and collectible packaging. Retail is $69.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

Quote from: redlumWell PJ did saysomething disturbing in the commentary about a desire to redo Gollum scenes in the FOTR in fitting with the TTT Gollum.

I think he'll come to his senses though...

I listened to this and saw it more as a joke or sarcasm.  I'm sure he wouldn't do that...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Redlum

'One very encouraging note for Lord of the Rings fans who have bought or are planning to buy the Extended Editions - New Line has stated that they are not going to punish loyal fans who buy their Extended Editions buy putting out some sort of other 'Super-Ultimate' Edition or Collection after the third film is out. So your investment in the Extended Editions is safe.'
  -  George Lucas

Fernando

You can find the teaser poster of LOTR: ROTK

Here

I can't believe Mac hasn't posted this yet, or has he?