LOTR:Two Towers

Started by Banky, June 12, 2003, 12:00:10 AM

Banky

Anyone know if Peter Jackson is planning on releasing an extended version of the two towers after the initial regular version is released?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

The answer is yes; I'll leave it up to MacGuffin to fill you in on all the details (unless he's feeling lazy/spiteful)...

modage

here is a summary of what will be included in the 3 hour 43 min cut....
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2003-06-11-rings_x.htm

it will be released November 18th, 2003, and will be a 4 disc set that looks like the FOTR set but the box is reddish instead of greenish.
http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/frame_special_dvd.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

Anyone know if they're gonna have one of those little keepsakes sold w/ it in some big deluxe edition, like the two bookends w/ the first one?

I bought it and was very happy to own it, but don't think I'd buy a different set of bookends or anything, unless they were selling an extra DVD (as they did w/ the National Geo. DVD) like they did w/ the first collection...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Redlum

The bookends are Gollum and Smeagol last I heard.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

sphinx

NEON MERCURY

this looks awesome-a film of this level deserves that type of dvd treatment(imo)

Ghostboy

The first bookends looked cooler. But anyway, I can't wait for this. The hours (and hours and hours) spent watching the first extended edition remain some of the best time I've spent with my DVD player.

Banky

you know thats true.  I rarely watch movies like over and over again in a short period of time.  But LOTR:TFOTR SE i watched over and over agian.

Ghostboy

Yeah, I'd sometimes just put it on in the background while I was working on something else. Not to mention that six hour behind the scenes doc, which wasn't long enough in my opinion. Loved it.

BTW, Banky, your avatar rocks.

dufresne

once again, i'll be waiting for the second 'extended' to come out before i purchase it.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Ghostboy

jokerspath

Does anyone know if it is gonna include another DVD, like the first set had the National Geo. one?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Redlum

Well PJ did saysomething disturbing in the commentary about a desire to redo Gollum scenes in the FOTR in fitting with the TTT Gollum.

I think he'll come to his senses though...
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas