Weeds (showtime)

Started by squints, January 16, 2006, 09:05:44 PM

Fernando

Quote from: Neil on August 05, 2009, 12:13:31 PM
I have yet to see any of season 5, anyone know a link to watch this seasons episodes, BESIDES showtime (which i'm not even sure if that's a possibility)?

you can find some in youtube, but torrents are your best friends for a proper viewing.

Quote from: ©brad on August 04, 2009, 05:17:16 PM
spoilies... the scene with andy sucking the milk out of nancy's breast was pure gold. "Why did you swallow?" "Well, I didn't want to be a hypocrite." hah!

yeah that was hysterical, and the sequel to that conversation in andy's bedroom "...here, when you burp"

SiliasRuby

I'm starting to really get angry at Nancy. The decisions she's making are getting worse and worse, I've actually gotten so mad I've yelled at my TV. I'm so happy that Andy got his shit together and he's very happy and in love.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

Quote from: Fernando on August 04, 2009, 03:08:15 PM
HOLY SHIT!...again

I think only weeds and breaking bad (in its own way) can get away with that kind of crazy ending. which was only fitting to what was IMO the best season of the series.

what's amazing is that that cocky attitude of Pilar is spot on of that kind of ppl in México, ppl who think they can do whatever they want because of their political power.

showtime renewed it right? can't wait for what they come up next.

SiliasRuby

It was great. Bam! Yeah, they did renew it already.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Alexandro

just finished season 4. didn't say anything before cause I wanted to catch up.

LOTS OF SPOILERS
2 and 4 are the best ones so far. It is an amazing show, specially for Mary Louise Parker, who has been able to shape this character and develop it into something tangible and real. At this point she can just shut up and you pretty much know what she's thinking. I think since it's mainly a comedy the randomness and sillyness of some of the aproaches doesn't bother me at all. In fact I think it's one of it's strongest points. They are dealing with some great subjects here, particularly in 4th season with the tijuana shit. These things you don't see them on mexican tv not even by accident.

Celia's storyline is the weakest but Perkins is great as the character and she keeps it afloat, barely. At some point it will get back on track. The coke business was dumb but funny, if for no other reason because Celia is the only character in that show who had proven to have the basic personality to be become a coke freak.

Doug and Andy are both really funny and in the finale with the Shawshank homage I really thought they wre going to go all the way with it and blow me away. It was kind of a letdown that they ended that scene with a lame "funny" speech because to see Doug really hit bottom would have added a lot of dimension to his already insane character.

Anyway, love this show.

©brad

Fernando

looks pretty good, although they showed too much.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Weeds is OK.

It's no Breaking Bad.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on July 21, 2010, 12:28:38 PM
Weeds is OK.

It's no Breaking Bad.

Definitely not. I think if you just embrace the batshit craziness of it Weeds is still a lot of fun.

ono

Thwack.  It's back.  But it's way too fucking short.  My concerns that it jumped the shark last season finale are unfounded as of yet, but now (and from the preview trailer), they have pretty much anywhere to go.

polkablues

It was a good episode, and I'll be ecstatic to have the Mexican cartel plot on the back burner, but you're definitely right about the episodes being too short. Everything felt super rushed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

two strong episodes, this season is going to be awesome.

and indeed this is way too short.

ono

Three words after last episode: Hoe Lee Shit!

socketlevel

god i hate the depiction of canada in this season. we really arn't like that...
the one last hit that spent you...

Fernando

Quote from: ono on September 21, 2010, 10:48:40 AM
Three words after last episode: Hoe Lee Shit!

yeah

now how the hell will the newmans get out of that one....cant wait.