Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck - Documentary

Started by wilder, March 11, 2015, 03:57:06 PM

wilder

The authorized documentary on late Guitar/lead singer Kurt Cobain from his early days in Aberdeen Washington to his success and downfall with Grunge band Nirvana.

Directed by Brett Morgen
Release Date - May 4, 2015 on HBO

wilder

jenkins

it's not helpful that i'm over hearing about this doc before i've seen it

Garam

Best music documentary since Devil and Daniel Johnston. Thought it was incredible.

Reel

Quote from: jenkins<3 on April 22, 2015, 09:32:56 PM
it's not helpful that i'm over hearing about this doc before i've seen it

Yeah man, tell me about it. With 'The Jinx' and now this film, I find that people are taking too many liberties with airing out the subject matter before the rest of us get a chance to watch them. It's the equivalent of writing a "First!" Comment beneath a video.  Just because they're covering true events doesn't mean you're doing us a public service by discussing it openly. We still want our stories, goddamnit! This is mostly directed at a few different podcasters/radio hosts I listen to, but the news did it too with making Robert Durst's confession a headline the night of the finale. WTF dude?

Anyways, yeah Garam. This was really a treat. I knew immediately I'd have to see it 3 or 4 more times. There is so much going on with it, I don't even know where to begin with my praise. I'm gonna try not to be like those assholes I mentioned above and just say if you're a Nirvana fan, see it. We can talk spoilers after my second view