Letterman and G[uest]HOSTS

Started by Newtron, March 25, 2003, 11:11:12 AM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Okay, Conan. Jon Stewart should stay right where he is. That beautiful little show might get bloated and dissolved anywhere else.

Gold Trumpet

I like Stewart a lot. Conan has overplayed his gimmick. Stewart would work for Letterman's spot, because the late night spot on cbs is a given success. People just always automatically watch it. Now a late night ABC thing, then yes, thats a little risky. I think Stewart should be given the role because he deserves it and will be given an instant huge credibility right on the spot for just being the successor to Letterman.

~rougerum

Ravi

I liked the episode hosted by Bill Cosby.  That was pretty funny, and I liked how he didn't have a desk between him and the guests.  It was just 2 chairs.

Leno is a train wreck.  He does a 15 minute monologue, maybe one or two okay jokes, but Kevin Eubanks is laughing more than the audience most of the time.  His sketches are not funny, and the people who do his remotes are bad too (that annoying woman, the big guy with the girly voice, for example).  The interviews are rather boring and so are the musical guests.  Conan is much better than, but the show is kind of in a rut.  There is little innovation on the show anymore, but I still watch everyday because it is still damn funny, though he was never great at monologues.  Kilborn seems to be clinging onto the Headlines portion of The Daily Show.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetConan has overplayed his gimmick.

Yeah, one thing Im tired of is "nobody watches this show" joke

Ravi

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetConan has overplayed his gimmick.

Yeah, one thing Im tired of is "nobody watches this show" joke

He also overdoes "Tonight we have a great show.  The other nights are crap."