writer/directors that are in their own films?

Started by tpfkabi, July 29, 2003, 10:22:26 PM

tpfkabi

haha.....yes, i know Allen is still alive......notice he was last......i thought of him at the last minute.....Tati is another example.....although he didn't always write as well.........hmmm......most are comedy......i didn't think about Signs.........i didn't think Gibson wrote the screenplays??
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

©brad

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: bigideashaha.....yes, i know Allen is still alive......notice he was last......i thought of him at the last minute.....Tati is another example.....although he didn't always write as well.........hmmm......most are comedy......i didn't think about Signs.........i didn't think Gibson wrote the screenplays??

I must admit Tati is the man! He rocks more than most other directors of his time.

Nick

tpfkabi

i just watched part of Mon Oncle tonight. i love it.

what Tati have you seen?

i've only seen Mon Oncle and Playtime.

how do the others compare?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

AK

Hitchcock made cameos

Fellini acted in Roma

Terry Gillian in Monty Python's Meaning of Life and The holy Grail

And Dennis Hooper in Easy Rider

i just watched part of Mon Oncle tonight. i love it.

what Tati have you seen?

Tati as Monsieur Hulot made Trafic, Play time, Mon Oncle and Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot....always great....he is in fact  my favourite director acting in his own movies....

Dr. Duke

Todd Solondz was in his first film Fear, Anxiety, and Depression.
I want you to hold it between your knees.

cine

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNick
Quote from: Pwoody allen is still alive.

But barely. My dream is to become the next Woody Allen. :P

Nick

At least try not to publicize that you adopted her, Nick. . .

I bet Tati was rolling around in his grave when Atkinson did Mr. Bean. I don't care about "imitation is the best form of flattery" in this case.. it was basically identical to Hulot... I enjoyed the series but from the Tati perspective and looking at the big picture, most people probably thought Atkinson was the genius for doing it. He's hilarious as Atkinson but Hulot/Tati he is not.

Anyway, off the top of my head, Nicholson directed himself in The Two Jakes, the Chinatown sequel, Warren Beatty directed himself in Dick Tracy, and I don't think anyone mentioned most of the Mel Brooks movies.

vivarey

Steven Soderbergh in Schizopolis (writer, director, AND star!)

vivarey | My DVD Collection

NEON MERCURY

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........possibly mel brooks? :wink:

dufresne

Quote from: NEON MERCURYummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........possibly mel brooks? :wink:

win.
There are shadows in life, baby.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: bigideasi just watched part of Mon Oncle tonight. i love it.

what Tati have you seen?

I've seen them all... the later ones are a lot darker in a sense... Holiday was the funniest and most innocent of the three... I like them all.

Nick