Who should the Coens work with next?

Started by Satcho9, April 28, 2003, 05:23:09 PM

modage

file this under the CRAZY RUMOR DEPT. but its still interesting.  here's an excerpt from AICN....

8. The Coen Brothers and TARZAN
I also took plenty of heat for my recent open letter to the Coens, but I'm not about to apologize for what I wrote. The main point of that article, missed by many, is that Joel and Ethan always seem to be at their best when they are the originators of a project, and not just hired guns.
That's why I am so intrigued by the news that they are currently prepping an adaptation of Tarzan that is reportedly quite personal for them, close to their hearts. So far, in the long history of filmed versions of the Tarzan story, there's never been one that fully captured the pulp power of the original Edgar Rice Burroughs novels. The Coens are absolute masters of tone, whatever the project, and I will be first in line to see what fresh elements they bring to play and how they try to bring the Lord of the Apes to life.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Yeah, they first talked about this with Billy Bob Thornton back in the Man Who Wasn't There days, and I read somewhere recently that Hugh Jackman might do it instead. Although I'd rather see Billy Bob do it. Something about his eyes just screams "I'm a sensitive man-child raised by apes!"