Started by Satcho9, April 28, 2003, 05:23:09 PM

Pubrick

August 1st shall henceforth be known as Coen bros. Day

under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Walter Sobchak

Honestly, they should work with... me !
(please, please, please, please, please !!!!)

dnthmn

I am really pulling for them to work with some hot teen stars and make a real teen movie maybe with an ugly girl who is pretty on the inside and in love with the popular boy at her school whos plays football. It can be full of teen angst, oh yeah gotta have that angst. The way i see it all the Coen regulars can be teachers in the school and their only lines would be spoken like adults from Charlie Brown with subtitles that when read only sound like the adults from charlie brown. Goodman could be the football coach, or the ugly girl who is pretty on the insides Dad, or how about both. He can yell at football players and yet still be careing about his daughter, who is ugly but pretty on the inside, and wonder why she is full of teen angst. Maybe M. Emmett Walsh could play Goodmans dad, so he could also be the , you guessed it, the ugly girl who is pretty on the insides grandfather. when she asks him for advice he could only respond by telling chilling accounts of bad things that happened in the war, but only in charlie brown adult speak of course. Billy Bob could show up and kill the footbal player, who would be some hot teen star, because he was fucking Billy Bobs wife, then Bill Macey can show up in a duel role as both the good cop and bad cop investigating the death of the football star. In case where nothing is what it seems you have too look past the hot teen stars. there will be a big ragtime dance number near the end followed by the ugly girl who is pretty on the inside killing herself and the murder gets put on her. I think they will call it Angst. Or Hot Teen Stars or better yet Hot Teen Angst!!

Keep Well,
Dan

modage

this is also really old news, but i never heard this before and thought it was really interesting.  apparently after Raising Arizona the Coens were offered a chance to direct Batman but turned it down.  wow, that would have been interesting.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02this is also really old news, but i never heard this before and thought it was really interesting.  apparently after Raising Arizona the Coens were offered a chance to direct Batman but turned it down.  wow, that would have been interesting.

prolly would have been dissapointing. I'm not much for Burton, but for the first Batman, he at least had the decency to commit himself to telling the story for the characters and situation entirely.

Coens would have done fine with the dark tone. Its just out of their amatuer skills they likely would have found ways to ridicule something in that story. Coens doing any story is a sign of them having some disbelief in it.

~rougerum

ShanghaiOrange

The Coens Batman would have been better than the Orson Welles Batman, but neither would be better than the 1966 Batman.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

modage

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeThe Coens Batman would have been better than the Orson Welles Batman, but neither would be better than the 1966 Batman.

i disagree completely.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ShanghaiOrange

Ok fine. Welles' Batman would have been better than the Coens, but it still wouldn't be as good as the 1966 version.

Last five films (video)

modage

Quote from: themodernage02question:  why does the Bat Anti-Shark Repellant work if its a fake shark?

ShanghaiOrange

The reason you ask that question is why the 1966 Batman is the best Batman ever.

Last five films (video)

Banky

Just Withnail

My choises would be Jeff Goldblum, Bill Murray or/and Will Ferrell.

Pubrick

the wachowski bros. on a new mario bros. written by the farrelly bros.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Kevin Spacey, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Will Ferrel, Robin Williams, Adam Sandler and Samuel L. Jackson
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection