Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

tpfkabi

something odd........i was at Wal-Mart looking for Death Proof and saw Friday Night Lights for $10 and change. upon closer inspection, the lower price was because they split the season in two halves and are selling them seperately. not sure why someone would only want to buy half of the season...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Kal

Quote from: bigideas on September 22, 2007, 11:43:46 PM
something odd........i was at Wal-Mart looking for Death Proof and saw Friday Night Lights for $10 and change. upon closer inspection, the lower price was because they split the season in two halves and are selling them seperately. not sure why someone would only want to buy half of the season...

well, the whole season at 20 bucks is pretty damn good... considering heroes, 30 rock and others sell for 50, and the sopranos sells for 90! i think nbc is trying whatever possible strategy to get people to start watching this... maybe some people dont mind paying 10 bucks and getting a few episodes and then they can get the rest... especially (and not in a bad way) people who shop at wal-mart.

tpfkabi

i want Riggins, who scores with every single chick, to not score with any chicks this season.

something tells me they'll be an episode called 'The Graduate' where he gets it on with the coach's wife and daughter since he's had every other female on the show.

Sigur Rós

Riggins scores even more than Stefen and me....but remember that it's fiction!

Kal

I'm very excited about NBC renewing this one... its geeky but I'm one of the ones who donated to save the show (sending thousands of mini-footballs to Ben Silverman's office. The show is really excellent, the acting is probably one of the best on TV these days, and the characters are great. Season two wasnt as good as one because it got cut in half, but hopefully it will be great when it comes back in the fall.

Raikus

I'm very happy to hear this was picked up for a third. One of the best shows on TV (in the top five at least). I was slow to get on the wagon but now that I'm here I'm enjoying the ride.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

diggler

this is great news, i thought it was done for sure. second season had some strange indulgences but for the most part it was still great television. i hope it's not still dumped on friday night though.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

tpfkabi

it's been a while since i saw the last episode - did riggins' new religious antics get him back with the brunette? i forget how they left it.

Pwaybloe

I've casually watched and liked a few episodes on TV, so I rented Season 1 and 2.  Truthfully, without overrating the show, it's extremely well-made entertainment.  Season 1 was outstanding, and I'm about to start Season 2 tonight. 

The fans of the show probably know this, but Season 3 is supposed to run on DirecTV and then rerun on NBC a few days later from the premiere.  Its an awkward situation, but at least it got renewed. 

Kal

Quote from: Pwaybloe on July 17, 2008, 01:29:47 PM
I've casually watched and liked a few episodes on TV, so I rented Season 1 and 2.  Truthfully, without overrating the show, it's extremely well-made entertainment.  Season 1 was outstanding, and I'm about to start Season 2 tonight. 

The fans of the show probably know this, but Season 3 is supposed to run on DirecTV and then rerun on NBC a few days later from the premiere.  Its an awkward situation, but at least it got renewed. 

Season 2 is excellent as well, although it was cut short cause of the Strike. It's only 14 episodes I think and its clear that many stories were left hanging.

The DIRECTV is a weird move but at least it got the show renewed, which is better than not having it. I dont have DTV but I'm sure the episodes will be available for download immediately anyhow.

Also, for the ones who care, SPOILERS for Season 3, Smash and Jason Street will NOT be regulars this season. Because they supposedly finished high school and are in college already, they have 'moved on'. So they will be part of the show in some recurring episodes but not as regulars.

Kal

Some BIG news and SPOILERS on the new season of FNL

NBC and DirecTV just hosted a little luncheon with the cast of TV's best drama series, Friday Night Lights, and as entertaining as it was, it was nothing compared to dessert: Shortly after the press conference, exec producer Jason Katims got into a huddle with a few select journalists and basically outlined his plans for the entire third season. Warning: Major, life-altering spoilers are below!

* If you're having a tough time coping with the impending loss of Gaius Charles' Smash and Scott Porter's Jason, wait until next year: Katims reveals that Tim (Taylor Kitsch), Matt (Zach Gilford), Tyra (Adrianne Palicki) and Lyla (Minka Kelly) are all entering their senior years this season. The knowledge that this may be their final year in Dillon will "add an urgency to [their] stories, but also a nostalgia." "It will be sad to leave," says Palicki, "but I think we were all kind of prepared for that on some level."

* When the new season starts, eight months will have passed since the Season 2 finale, placing the action at the start of a new school year. Among the major developments: Tim and Lyla are now in a serious relationship. "We think it'll be a tremendously fun storyline, which could ultimately become very moving," Katims says. "It's one thing to have this passionate, secret relationship, but once they're in a real relationship, they see how different they are. They're completely an odd couple... Also, they're both seniors now, so it's really a question of, Where are they going now? Where are they headed? Lyla really tries to get Tim to be the best version of himself. (She wants him to) get into college, get a scholarship... But the question is whether these two are destined to have very different lives."

* The hiatus has not been nearly as kind to another Dillon super-couple: Tyra and Landry. "Tyra in the past eight months has [realized] that, while she loves Landry, she kind of feels like he's not really The Guy," says Katims. "So it becomes a story about, Are they going to be able to be friends? And will Landry be able to accept that?" Probably not when he meets the new Guy in her life, but more on that below.

* Matt and Julie will try and put the past behind them and become friends.

* As previously reported, Tami will be appointed the principal of Dillon High. "From the beginning, we wanted to find ways to get (Connie Britton) driving story as much as possible, and not just be the coach's wife," says Katims, adding that the new gig will lead to some serious tension at home. "Suddenly she (and Coach Taylor) may find (themselves) on opposite sides of some issues."

* Katims concedes that it was not easy placing the calls to Charles and Porter informing them that their runs on the show were coming to an end. "It was very hard to break the news to them," he admits. Smash and Jason, however, will be going out with "two of the most powerful storylines" this season. "We are not doing this in any unceremonious way. And, also, we want to very much leave the door open for both of them to come back to the show."

* A handful of new characters will be introduced, including a freshman named J.D. McCoy. "He's a phenomenal quarterback," Katims explains. "In the first arc of the season, there's a controversy over who will be the first-string quarterback for the Panthers." Additionally, an old friend of Billy Riggins' will make a play for Tyra. "He's a local rodeo star, so he's right in Tyra's wheelhouse. So Landry is not going to be (happy)."

* Matt Czuchry (Chris) and Benny Ciaramello (Santiago) will not be back.

* A renewed focus will be placed on the Landry/Matt friendship, a relationship Katims says got sidelined last season in the wake of the Landry/Tyra murder plot. "With that intense, secret thing between Landry and Tyra, we lost a little bit of Landry as Matt's buddy/sidekick/friend, and we're going to have that back."

Kal

Season 3 starts this week on NBC. I saw it already downloading the episodes from the DIRECTV airings.

You should watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tpfkabi

Do you remember a country band playing in the upcoming NBC episode?

I saw that James Hand - an Austin classic country artist - is supposed to be on it. Of course, he may be under a made up name for all I know.

polkablues

The fourth season has begun.  This is the best drama on television.  That is all.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on October 30, 2009, 02:51:58 AM
The fourth season has begun.  This is the best drama on television.  That is all.

YES!

I'm very excited about this because I think Peter Berg wrote/directed the premiere and they said it had the same feeling as the Pilot did, which was genius. I haven't seen it yet cause I had a crazy week traveling but I will this weekend. Downloading it of course, I don't have Directv.