Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

pete

I dunno if they made a good balance between setting up the season 1 kids' endings vs. the current kids ending, who knows maybe the finale will be a good wrapup.
stefen - I never thought Tyra was hot - she's like the Busy Phillips character (Kimberly?) from Freaks and Geeks.  Layla is something else.  remember when she showed up in last season for two episodes just to fuck Tim?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

too bad that in the universe of this show there's no football in Philadelphia
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

pete

- Buster Keaton

Kal

I was about to turn it off when I saw Diablo Cody, but the interview is pretty good!

Stefen

Quote from: ddiggler on February 06, 2011, 01:27:30 AM
too bad that in the universe of this show there's no football in Philadelphia

lol.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Yeah, I cried.

Best show ever.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Stefen

Epic finale. Just amazing.

This show has entered my top 5 shows of all-time. It belongs there with shows like The Wire and Freaks and Geeks. The characters, storylines, writing, acting, plotlines, everything, was just really, really good. When I wish I could erase my brain and watch something again for the first time ever, it belongs on some list; any list. Put it on all of them.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Just watched the finale. So depressed that it's over. I LOVED these characters.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

I Love a Magician

last thirty minutes were otherworldly. wish there was going to be a 6th season, so much more story to tell with these characters.

SiliasRuby

Now that its over I think I'll start watching...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

diggler

i was a blubbering mess through the whole thing.

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

polkablues

An oral history of Friday Night Lights.  

This is a great read.  I miss this show so much already.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Caught the last 15 min of the finale today on NBC... so amazing...

And did you guys read the rumors about a movie in the works? Usually its bullshit but apparently this is actually being considered and written. Only problem has to do with book rights for a second movie, which Pete Berg doesn't have. I don't know what could happen if they did a movie but I would watch these characters do anything...