Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, January 15, 2004, 01:01:29 PM

mogwai

modage

Yeah, the first teaser did next to nothing for me but this one is great/everything I wanted that one to be.

Nostalgia activated!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Starring John Boyega as Guyhoo Breathesheavy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

Star Wars absolutely destroyed ticket sales records
http://fortune.com/2015/10/21/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tickets/

QuoteImax  IMAX -1.16%  entertainment, the Canadian theater company, has so far reported $6.5 million in U.S. and Canadian advance ticket sales, Deadline reports.

The figure crushes box office numbers set by other highly anticipated hit films. The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and The Avengers, for example, all raked in about $1 million each in such sales, Deadline notes.

Greg Foster, CEO of Imax, said the movie's sales success is unprecedented. "The only words to describe the first day of Imax worldwide advance ticket sales for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are 'record-shattering,'" he told The Hollywood Reporter. "We're seeing sell-outs across the board – from Hollywood to London, to Sparks, Nevada, and everywhere in between."

it both delights me and makes me wonder when i'll see it

Jeremy Blackman

What made me happier than the trailer was the actors' reactions to the trailer. Scroll to the middle of this page:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/20/9573313/john-boyega-daisy-ridley-get-in-on-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer

I suppose I should post the trailer too:

polkablues

Those two seem nice. Almost makes me want to see the movie.

Drenk

Lovely movie. It's not entirely the nostalgic trip I feared.
Rey and Finn are a great team, I fell in love with them...
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

Garam [16|Dec 02:17 AM]:   SARS WART
Garam [16|Dec 02:17 AM]:   i mean star wars
Garam [16|Dec 02:19 AM]:   i wish they advertised films in cinemas with those detachable letterboards outside churches so i can do the rounds to pull a switcheroo
Garam [16|Dec 02:19 AM]:   could make quite an effect on their profits
Garam [16|Dec 03:05 AM]:   I'm 27 and there has never been a good Star Wars film released in my lifetime
Garam [16|Dec 03:24 AM]:   you know in 1984 where Orwell writes about there being a constant state of perpetual war? Disney are using that concept as their business model for Star Wars
Garam [16|Dec 03:26 AM]:   December - STAR WARS, February - HOME RELEASE, March - TEASER, JULY - TRAILER, SEPTEMBER - TIE IN TELEVISION SERIES/VIDEOGAME, OCTOBER - TRAILER, DECEMBER - STAR WARS
Garam [16|Dec 03:26 AM]:   repeat annually until everybody is dead
Jeremy Blackman [16|Dec 01:11 PM]:   Already has 140 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes
Jeremy Blackman [16|Dec 01:11 PM]:   97% btw
Drenk [16|Dec 01:14 PM]:   There is a beautiful sense of awe in the new Star Wars. It's a remake/reboot of IV, but the characters and the casting are wonderful.

Garam

I forgot

May - MAY THE FORTH DRESS UP LIKE STARRRRRR WAAAAAARS
November - HYYYYYYYYPE ALMOST NEW STAAAAARRRRR WAAAAAAARRRRSSS

The only way we can break the cycle is to establish a currency free society.

polkablues

Then we'd just be bartering, like, chickens and beads and shit for Star Wars movies.

Just Withnail

If all the upcoming films will be as good as this one - bring them on! It's a long time since I've been this entertained in the theater. It's funny, snappy, tragic.

Drenk

Quote from: Just Withnail on December 17, 2015, 06:09:25 AM
If all the upcoming films will be as good as this one - bring them on! It's a long time since I've been this entertained in the theater. It's funny, snappy, tragic.

VIII will probably be better and more its own thing! But for now, it's so good to enjoy VII as it is. Of course, it's the introduction of a new trilogy, but it's not just an eternal introduction to an introduction (Marvel, I'm watching you...). I'm seeing it again on IMAX tomorrow!
Ascension.

JG

it really looks like a movie shot on 35mm, too! i saw it in 3d but am kinda eager to rewatch in 2d. had a really really good time. best abrams movie, by far. john williams steal the show. i'm listening to the score right now! but i have almost no relationship to the first six, so my word means nothing to you!  i liked episode three.

jenkins

sorry for deleting my post JG. the post that used to be before JG's was:

QuoteIn fact, the only movie theater you can see The Force Awakens in 35mm in Los Angeles is the Vista Theatre, located in East Hollywood on the border with Los Feliz.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-35mm/

Garam

I found out that satan spawn George Osborne gave £25 million of UK tax payers money towards this. You're all fucking welcome.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/star-wars-george-osborne-given-credit-in-the-force-awakens-a6778246.html