Almost Famous

Started by jtm, January 20, 2003, 10:53:37 PM

jtm

THIS IS THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL MOVIE EVER MADE!!!  Yeah?

Duck Sauce

I like This is Spinal Tap and Sid and Nancy better. What others are the obvious?

MacGuffin

I'd put it up there, along with "The Doors," "Tommy," "Stop Making Sense" and "The Buddy Holly Story."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

No no... certainly not the greatest... (Almost Famous is highly overrated as a film)... good, but not the greatest.

My vote goes for Phantom of the Paradise

jtm

I think it's my favorite beause that era of music is my favorite.  Also it just has so much charm to it.  Some of my other favs are the "Last Waltz" by Scorsese and "Gimmie Shelter", but those others you guys picked are great too.

Xixax

I definitely liked this one more after repeated viewings. I think it's a super personal movie for Cameron because of the subject matter.

Imagine how cool it would be to have a film made of your life, and you get to direct it! I'll bet he had a really difficult time balancing personal wants with what was best for the film.

Overall, I think it was great, and I would love to see a director's cut that included a bunch of the ideas that he probably ad to cut for the good of the movie... Not just deleted scenes, but scenes he might have wanted to do that were never filmed.

And I hate to mention this, but I absolutely loved Rock Star.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

and lets not forget pink floyd: the wall.

jtm

Quote from: Xixax
Overall, I think it was great, and I would love to see a director's cut that included a bunch of the ideas that he probably ad to cut for the good of the movie... Not just deleted scenes, but scenes he might have wanted to do that were never filmed.

supposedly theres a four hour version.  i would love to see that someday.

sphinx

Quote from: jtmsupposedly theres a four hour version.  i would love to see that someday.

there's a 2hr 40min version that was released recently, perhaps you're referring to that?

jtm

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: jtmsupposedly theres a four hour version.  i would love to see that someday.

there's a 2hr 40min version that was released recently, perhaps you're referring to that?

No, I have that one, but on the commentary he makes a couple refrences to the 4 hr. version.  One of them is near the end when the band finds out the kid told rolling stone everything

Duck Sauce

Quote from: jtm

No, I have that one,

Thanks for letting us know. You have no idea how many posts would have resulted debating whether you have it or not.

jtm

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: jtm

No, I have that one,

Thanks for letting us know. You have no idea how many posts would have resulted debating whether you have it or not.

Whatever!@#$ :evil:

picolas

Quote from: Duck SauceThanks for letting us know. You have no idea how many posts would have resulted debating whether you have it or not.

he was just clearing up that the four hour version was different from the "Bootleg Version" sphinx was talking about. . .

jtm

Duck Sauce

Quote from: picolas

he was just clearing up that the four hour version was different from the "Bootleg Version" sphinx was talking about. . .

And I was just joking, what else could be included on a 4 hour version anyways?