R.I.P. Barry White

Started by MacGuffin, July 04, 2003, 04:04:04 PM

MacGuffin

Soul Singer Barry White Dies At 58
Singer Had Been Undergoing Dialysis Treatment

Velvet-voiced R&B crooner Barry White, renowned for his lush baritone and carnal lyrics that oozed sex appeal on songs such as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe," died Friday morning, his manager said.

White, who had suffered kidney failure from years of high blood pressure, died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center around 9:30 a.m., said manager Ned Shankman. White was 58.

White had been undergoing dialysis treatment and had been hospitalized since last September.

White's work epitomized seductive disco music. The heavyset musician enjoyed three decades of fame for songs like "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" and "It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me."

The seductive sound of his deep bass voice has not only been featured in his music, but also in radio and television advertisements.

White, longtime producer/friend Jack Perry, adviser Abby Schroeder, and Shankman were preparing a "duets" album for release on Def Soul later this year.

White is survived by eight children, grandchildren, and his companion, Catherine Denton.

:yabbse-cry:  :yabbse-cry:  :yabbse-cry:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pedro

FUCK!
That is not cool.  Fucking sucks.

Sigur Rós

Has the whole world gone crazy!

Cecil

Quote from: Sigur RósHas the whole world gone crazy!

yes, it happened at the dawn of time. thought more people would get used to that by now

ono

Wow.

That's really shocking.

:(

RIP.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: Sigur RósHas the whole world gone crazy!

yes, it happened at the dawn of time. thought more people would get used to that by now

Crazyness is like heaven!  :wink:

Cecil

Quote from: Sigur RósCrazyness is like heaven!  :wink:

nonexistent?

Sigur Rós

Do we say RIP because we're afraid that Barry will come back and haunt us?  :?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Sigur RósCrazyness is like heaven!  :wink:

nonexistent?

You figure that out  :wink:

Cecil

you dont even know what the fuck youre doing here

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cecil b. dementedyou dont even know what the fuck youre doing here

That's what the bassplayer from QOTSA said during their show at Roskilde Festival.  :-D

But it's true. I don't know shit!

Cecil

Quote from: Sigur RósBut it's true. I don't know shit!

people rarely do  8)

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Sigur RósBut it's true. I don't know shit!

people rarely do  8)
:wink:

Pubrick

Quote from: cecil b. dementedpeople rarely do  8)
especially u.

Barry White.. so sad, especially cos he was actually still working.
under the paving stones.