COLDPLAY

Started by Finn, April 13, 2004, 07:15:14 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: El Duderinono, "Green Eyes"
I actually think that might be the worst song on the album.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: El Duderinono, "Green Eyes"
I actually think that might be the worst song on the album.

I disagree, actually one of the best songs.

Jeremy Blackman

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman:brickwall:

Argh common', that song is very down to earth and 'folkish' - Unlike most of the other songs.

Also, 'Clocks' is their best song!

cine

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman:brickwall:
This thing desperately needs an accompanying sound effect.

matt35mm

This is also one of my favorite bands.  I love "The Scientist," but I don't really like the video much.  A Rush of Blood to the Head, the whole album I think, is genius.

As for their EPs, listen to "Careful Where You Stand," because that song is just... really great.  One of my favorite songs ever.

I realize that these days, even teeny-boppers love Coldplay--but the thing is: I don't care what teeny-boppers think.

modage

green eyes is one of my favorites as well.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

"Honey, you are a rock upon which I stand."

"I came here with a load, and it feels so much lighter now I've met you."

Now come on.  That's a lot more genuinely romantic than 99% of the love songs out there.

But it's "The Scientist" that breaks my heart.

Born Under Punches

Being a Coldplay fan is like being in love with a fat woman .  Sure you love her behind closed doors, but tell me you don't feel a bit of anxiety when you're friends start talking about fat women.

BTW, a rush of blood to the head is the best song a fat woman can make.

Raikus

Thumbs up on 'Green Eyes.' It easily rivals Ben Folds' 'The Luckiest' as best recent love song.

I nearly came close to singing it at my wedding. How's that for sappy.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Alright, it's good lyrically, but it kind of annoys me musically.

Finn

I thought it was brilliant how they used Clocks with Peter Pan. Unfortunately they never put it in the movie, but it worked great with the trailer.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: QuoyleUnfortunately they never put it in the movie
Unfortunately? No, putting that in the movie would've lowered its quality. It was good for the trailer only.

Finn

Yeah, I think they wanted to make it as old-fashioned as possible without any modern-day material. I'm kinda glad they stuck with JNH's score.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

panthera_tigris

I definitely love this band when i'm in a mellow mood. The three songs i particularly like are The Scientist, In My Place, and Careful Where You Stand.
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;