Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

macguffin, any news on Epidemic coverart?

sickfins

cine

The Philadelphia cover art with Tom Hanks reminds me of Bruce Lee's Elvis painting.

modage

Never one to shy away from a marketing opportunity, Warner Home Video is re-releasing the Oliver Stone catalog on October 19th, just in time for his newest film Alexander. Previously released in 2001 as the ten-disc "The Oliver Stone Collection," the new fourteen-disc The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection will include the films "Wall Street," "Talk Radio," "Born on the Fourth of July," "The Doors," "JFK: Director's Cut," "Heaven and Earth," "Natural Born Killers," "Nixon," "U-Turn," "Any Given Sunday: Director's Cut" and the career retrospective documentary "Oliver Stone's America." New to this edition are the DVD debuts of Stone's recent documentaries "Looking for Fidel" and "Persona Non Grata," MGM's "Platoon" and "Salvador" special editions, and a bonus disc featuring an exclusive preview and a free movie ticket to Stone's "Alexander." Retail will be $129.92. "Alexander" opens in theaters on November 5th.

ARTWORK HERE: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4753&n=1&burl=

also: if this really is only $130 retail price, which means it should actually be just over 100 bucks or so, that is really damn cheap for 12+ movies.  umm... like i only have JFK so i am getting this big time.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Henry Hill

Florya Naoki

Two long awaited Bresson-films are released on DVD (region 2, Nouveaux pictures): Au Hasard Baltazar and Mouchette.

Myxo

I just searched for 'Dutch' on DVD but found out it has never been released.

:(

Pisses me off!

cine

We also have some early details on Wake of Death which stars Jean-Claude Van Damme, Valerie Tian and Tony Schiena. The film tells the story of an ex-mobster who wages war against the Chinese triad and becomes the protector of a very special little girl: the adopted daughter of the triad kingpin. The disc will be available to own from the 28th December this year, priced at around $24.96. As well as a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include a making of featurette and a photo gallery.

i apologize if alot of fellow fassbinder fans [samsong] might be aware of this already:

released by fantoma on the 26th.

meatball

samsong

Quote from: 03i apologize if alot of fellow fassbinder fans [samsong] might be aware of this already:

released by fantoma on the 26th.

actually i had no idea.. thanks for the heads up.  i've been wanting to see Herr R. for a while.

Alethia