What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetGhostboy, think I'll like it? I'm going into this with no hope of anything good.

well, u should never go into any movie w/ this mind frame. however, i think what gt is trying to say is that he is going to go into revolutions w/o expecting much, which i would argue at this point is virtually impossible.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02i hate when you say things like that.  why go at all then?  i mean, go with lowered expectations but if you are going with "NO HOPE OF ANYTHING GOOD", why go?

Because, like the Lord of the Rings series and any Coen brother film, Matrix: Revolutions carries a significant weight to the general field of movie going for people like us. Its really a movie you have to see. If this was a sequel to a no name movie that no one was discussing, I'd skip out. I'm just keep up with general movie going, whether you end up liking the movie or not. And I never said it was already a bad movie, its just with having watched Reloaded, I don't expect anything with this one.  Cbr was right in his estimates of what I meant and also showing our difference in movie going because I can expect nothing. I do understand how he expects the world with this one. He was given it with Reloaded. I wasn't. Just a difference of opinion.

Cathartic Cleansing

Damnit Banky!
Why are you so bent on changing the title of this post? Don't you know everyone naturally searches for movie post by the title of the friggin movie?

I named it "Matrix Revolutions" for a reason
If you sit and believe, you can acheive
If you sit and accept, you don't know, what's correct
or incorrect-- KRS-ONE

Banky

i could have sworn that the name of the movie is still in the title

and i didnt change it

probably macguffin

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cathartic CleansingDamnit Banky!
Why are you so bent on changing the title of this post? Don't you know everyone naturally searches for movie post by the title of the friggin movie?

I named it "Matrix Revolutions" for a reason

I changed it so it was connected to this thread:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1597

And I think after 5 pages, everyone here already knows this is the official thread for reviews and discussions of the friggin movie. Now apologize to Banky.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

hey i was right

fuck my area for not showing this movie at the world wide viewing time

ShanghaiOrange

I saw this yesterday. It was a piece of shit. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Cathartic Cleansing

If I falsely accused than I do apologize Banky.  :oops:

However,  :x  I realize this is a post about a Fantasy / Sci-Fi movie, but don't separate yourself from reality so far as to think you can tell me what to do, MacFluffin. Now go to your room before you get spanked son.
If you sit and believe, you can acheive
If you sit and accept, you don't know, what's correct
or incorrect-- KRS-ONE

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeI saw this yesterday. It was a piece of shit. :(

Really? The reviews I have read said it's somewhat better than Reloaded. And heavens know that the online folks (Ain't It Cool, etc.) are fawning over it.

Me? I still haven't seen the original Matrix straight through, yet, so I'm just curious more than anything. The reviews of Reloaded and Revolutions make it sound like the filmmakers ran out of steam and buckled under the expectations.

Newtron

Don't anyone read Ebert's review, it's really stupid.

He was right about one thing though, the first movie stimulated so many imaginations that it was impossible for the follow ups to satisfy all the dreamers. Having just seen Revolutions, I'm quite satisfied. The two things I expected took place, and it made plenty sense.

Ghostboy

I'm glad Ebert acknowledged in his review that tons of people are going to be sending him corrections...he's definitely slightly off on his perspeptive. But he's pleasant about it.

Every single review I read seems to hold true to this theory: those that were disappointed by Reloaded seem to like Revolutions a whole lot more. And vice versa.

Redlum

I thought it was good, but I dont really understand how the ending works. Well the implications of the ending I suppose. Anyways should really keep this a spoiler free zone at the moment.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

godardian

Quote from: GhostboyI'm glad Ebert acknowledged in his review that tons of people are going to be sending him corrections...he's definitely slightly off on his perspeptive. But he's pleasant about it.

Every single review I read seems to hold true to this theory: those that were disappointed by Reloaded seem to like Revolutions a whole lot more. And vice versa.

My reaction to both: Eh. Not terrible, but kinda cheesy. My reaction is one more of relief than of being impressed. Yeah, they're kinda cheesy, yeah, the explosions and loud noises and big toys seem to go on and on to the point of being masturbatory, but it's not embarrassing the way so many sci-fi/action movies can be. There's more intelligence (cinematic and philosophical) here than in much that aspires to what's being aspired to.

Seems to please the goth-kid crowd a lot judging from the screening of Revolutions I caught last night, though. I guess it's one of those things like Star Trek that get a lot of fantasies transparently projected onto it... which I understand, but don't share.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Weak2ndAct

Well, I really loved the first two movies, and as expected, I loved Revolutions too.  Still kind of reeling from the whole thing and trying to come up with some cohesive thoughts.  
Oh boy though, I wish there was just a Seraph movie.  Love that guy (I hear there's a video game in the works dedicated solely to him, so I guess that's as close as we'll get).
The audience I saw it with was very enthusiastic.  Plenty of gasps and cheers at certain moments.  
I must say though, I'm kind of sad the whole thing's over... but well... I'd like to comment on the ending, but how long do we have to keep our mouths shut?  I mean, it is out.

Kal

I didnt hate it... but I'm VERY VERY VERY dissapointed with the end...