Superman Returns

Started by MacGuffin, January 16, 2003, 10:28:43 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffinThey'll live this character for 10 years because I'm telling one story over three movies and plan to direct all three if the first is as successful as everyone suspects."

What a fuckin' disapointment... not only is he back on Sup, but he thinks he's gonna ruin 3 movies.  That fucker.

sphinx

it's all about the fucking trilogies.  fuck.

Duck Sauce

I am kind of disapointed ,I really wanted to see them spend $200+ million on a movie. I say they do it.

bonanzataz

why are they making another superman movie anyway? don't we already have smallville?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazwhy are they making another superman movie anyway? don't we already have smallville?

$$$[/color][/size]

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: life_boy
Any news against Brett Ratner is good news!  This makes me want to do one of two things.

A)  Cream my pants!

B)  Praise the Lord!

Holly mother F'N shit! That was a great post! Big up to ya!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

©brad

Quote from: Duck SauceI am kind of disapointed ,I really wanted to see them spend $200+ million on a movie. I say they do it.

To spend $200 million on a movie is ridiculous.

I'm thinking w/ the success of LOTR we are going to see a lot of big trilogy productions.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4d
To spend $200 million on a movie is ridiculous.

I know, thats why I want to see them do it.

Victor

it would be nice to see some smaller trilogies. i like the trilogy format, but its always the bigger movies that get them. id really like to see someone do three movies dealing with like the story of a family over a few years or generations, or a series of films about the growth of one character. Or even a story told in two parts, that is planned that way from the beginning so to eliminate the 'sequel curse'. This kind of thing might work better with short films though, with these big internet premieres, so itd be cheap and epic at the same time.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Lesterid really like to see someone do three movies dealing with like the story of a family over a few years or generations,

You mean the Godfather?

Victor

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: Lesterid really like to see someone do three movies dealing with like the story of a family over a few years or generations,

You mean the Godfather?

no, i mean like the film equivalent of Six Feet Under
are you gonna eat with us too?

©brad

Brett Ratner and Michael Bay just debunked the rumors that the latter may be replacing the former as director: Ratner told Variety, "This is the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard. ... They would not jeopardize pissing me off by negotiating behind my back. I'd know." Bay says the rumor is "100% false." On another note, Ratner said that Ashton Kutcher's screen test was "very, very good." Yipes. (Dark Horizons)

What an arrogant little shit that man is. To quote George Carlin, "Fuck him. Fuck him up the ass with a big rubber dick. And then break it off and beat him with the rest of it."

life_boy

Quote from: cbrad4d
What an arrogant little shit that man is. To quote George Carlin, "Fuck him. Fuck him up the ass with a big rubber dick. And then break it off and beat him with the rest of it."

My thoughts exactly.

bonanzataz

Reported on imdb...

Stars Snub 'Superman'

It used to be a part young actors would die for but now finding the new Superman is a near impossible task. Rush Hour director Brett Ratner is having tremendous difficulty trying to find the perfect hunk to take over the role made famous by Christopher Reeve. Although rising stars Josh Hartnett and Jude Law have both signaled their interest in donning Superman's cape neither is willing to sign up for a trilogy of films. Ratner moans, "No star wants to sign that but as much as I've told Jude and Josh my vision for the movie, I've warned them of the consequences of being Superman. They'll live this character for 10 years."
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

You know there's no way that anyone he picks is going to be remembered as Superman over Reeves... it's just not happening.

That guy's not a very good director and doesn't really understand what makes a movie good.  He can't turn anyone into Superman and the idea of a trilogy is a joke.