best album covers ever

Started by sphinx, March 19, 2003, 03:09:56 PM

mindfuck

BonBon85

Quote from: russiasusha

It's cool, but I think that the image on the inside with Meg avoiding the mouse would have been even better.

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Kev Hoffman

(though the actual LP cover is better, with The Beatles name only noticeable by rubbing your hands across the raised surface)

(not a fan of the music but...)

(this one speaks for itself as best parody cover ever)

phil marlowe

Quote from: Kev Hoffman(this one speaks for itself as best parody cover ever)
what you? no kid?
ignorant penis;

Mesh

Quote from: penfold0101
Coldplay - Parachutes.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004U9MS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">

Honestly, I think that's a really boring, mundane album cover....This one however:

...is pretty great.  Adds a visual element to the title of the album.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Mesh

Quote from: Phil Marlowe

That one's always bugged me.

One from Gastr del Sol:

Holden Pike

1. Underground, Thelonious Monk

2. The Basement Tapes, Bob Dylan & The Band

3. Sticky Fingers, The Rolling Stones

4. Abbey Road, The Beatles

5. Aqualung, Jethro Tull

6. Travelogue, Joni Mitchell

7. On the Track, Leon Redbone

8. The Heart of Saturday Night, Tom Waits

9. Time Out, Dave Brubeck Quartet

10. Axis: Bold As Love, The Jimi Hendrix Experience
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

godardian

Wow... with the exception of the Rolling Stones, I don't really care for any of those.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Mesh

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: Mesh
winner.

David Grubbs-related albums have a way of winning these contests.  So minimal, so powerful; here's another:

[can someone enlarge that pic for me?]

thedog

here's some that i scanned a few months ago. sorry for the large sizes and worn out covers (that's what i get for owning records). these are mostly soul/jazz covers but at some point i'll start scanning the rock stuff.

James Brown - Aint It Funky

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Ramp - Come Into Knowledge

Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions

Funkadelic - s/t

Herbie Hancock - Sextant

Eugene McDaniels - Headless Heroes of the Apocalypse

Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

Iron Butterfly - In-a-gadda-da-vida

Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

Jan Hammer - The First Seven Days

Idris Muhammed - Turn This Mutha Out