What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

has anyone here read 'blood and guts in high school' by kathy acker? i finished it a few weeks ago, and i really enjoyed it. i would like to hear some serious comments on it, if anyone else knows this work.

picolas

oooooooooooooooooh gad.

grand theft sparrow

Martin Amis - London Fields.

If the rest of his work is anything like the first 120 pages of this book, I have a new favorite author.

Just found out that David Cronenberg is filming this next.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

cine

Quote from: rustinglassgood?
Well, I read it.. and all it made me do was trade in my camera equipment for a 1991 Plymouth Sundance.

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin

Me, too. Not bad. Kinda book I read out of order.

MacGuffin

Quote from: rustinglassgood?

Actually, yes. I like his other book: Feature Filmmaking At Used Car Prices, so this is really a good extension for DV.

Quote from: HedwigKinda book I read out of order.

I was doing that too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

cassavettes on cassavettes

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

kotte

Quote from: ewardcassavettes on cassavettes

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I've been meaning to read that. What's incredible about it??

©brad

just finished

and it was brilliant, especially for anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant, or hell, anyone who's ever eaten in one.

xerxes

i never really liked that guy.  seems like an ass.

Alethia

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: ewardcassavettes on cassavettes

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I've been meaning to read that. What's incredible about it??

without giving any goods away, i'll just say that its one of the mnost inspiring books on film i've ever read, and totally just reminds me of why i wanna make movies and do nothing else.  its absolutely invigorating.  i know thats not saying anything more than "fucking incredible" said, but seriously, dont hesitate, read it.  read it now.  then again, and again, and again...