Kill Bill: Volume One On DVD April 13th

Started by modage, November 13, 2003, 10:49:06 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: chuckhimselfo
Quote from: j_scott_stroup04Most dvd's, it's around the 70th percentile.

you mean 62nd percentile?

He also means that QT DVDs are the perfect bachelors.
Si

Redlum

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15642&osCsid=c7f61e958dc2e5fbd0f25dc9758261f2

This site has it as a 2(one) Disc Special Edition. They cant need a whole extra disc for one featurette, even with DTS on the first. Meanwhile the Region 2 is still listed as a single disc on most other e-shops I use.

edit: tricksy, false liars
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

context, context, context.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Quote from: SydneyHappy to hear about the 2-discs!

moi aussi.

Redlum

Well it's not definate but a strong indication. The company is usually pretty accurate.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

behold, the HIDEOUS ARTWORK for the BAREBONES dvd...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

I think what's even more hideous is the fact that Tarantino has his name on the cover twice.  But yes, it is vomitous.

changed my mind... want...dvd...now...

Alethia

dont give a fuck about the cover or QTs ego

I....just....want....the....movie.......!

oakmanc234

EXACTLY. Fuck the cover (which sucks balls), fuck the extras (or what extras), just give me the movie! (which rules supreme).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

SHAFTR

The cover sans Uma looks good. (not that I'm not a Thurman fan)
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Alethia

Quote from: SHAFTRnot that I'm not a Thurman fan

:-D

penfold0101

I had to have that film so damn bad i went and got a pirate version. its the first pirate I've paid for and I'm not proud of what I've done, but how could i possibly wait until April before seeing it again?

Its not bad either, picture is a little milky and the sound is only stereo but it will do until the real thing comes out.
The other snide DVDs I've seen have been so dark you cant tell what's going on and with so much bass in the sound you can't watch them

I also didn't see any funny dots popping up, the pirates caught on to that one pretty fast!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pubrick

Quote from: penfold0101I also didn't see any funny dots popping up, the pirates caught on to that one pretty fast!
God bless em..
under the paving stones.