Actor Contacts

Started by Finn, October 21, 2003, 04:33:59 PM

Finn

I'm really trying to find out the best way to contact actors. I have several in mind, but I don't know how to find them. I want to send them my script so that they can look over it. All this summer I've been e-mailing different people trying to find them, but no luck. Where can I go?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ghostboy

If you're going after established actors, you're going to have to try really really really hard to even get their agents to look at your scripts. You can call the SAG actors contact line (available on the SAG website) and they'll provide you with the agents of whichever actor you want to get in touch with. Then you call that agent and tell them you have a script that you'd like this actor to look at. They might ask you to send in a proposal or a synopsis, if you're lucky.

The best way to get an actor to look at your stuff is to meet them and manage to personally get them interested. Nepotism really helps here. If you know someone who knows someone, it'll be that much easier.

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, if you don't have contacts to specific actors, you might as well play the lottery.  A better approach is trying to get the people who have access to actors (agents, producers, etc.) interested, but that in itself is a whole new, tough game.

TheVoiceOfNick

If you want an actor who isn't an A-list actor... maybe an up and comer or a has-been... then just trying going the agency route... most of these actors will do the work without much trouble... as long as you pay them something above SAG minimums and make sure their trailer is supplied with enough drugs... ok, just kidding about that one... but seriously... adding any SAG actor to your roster will cost you money... you instantly have to work under SAG contracts, and that means increasing your budget by A LOT of money...

this is all assuming that you want to produce your movie yourself... if you just want to sell the script, then looking to attach an actor to it before its even sold isn't a good idea... try to get a literary agent then a producer who will want to make the movie... he'll hand the rest...

ReelHotGames

If you go to imdb each actor as a AGENT listing at the side of their name. If they're agent isn't listed, try doing the 2 week free trial at imdbpro, that's THE best way to get their info.

Fast and easy. I used it for a feature I am working on and got some decent non-A list actors to come aboard.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm