A question about MAC computers

Started by EL__SCORCHO, April 13, 2003, 03:49:41 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: BrainSushiBut now that I've got iMovie3, I can make my movies widescreen :-D  :-D

Anamorphic widescreen?

Recce

Quote from: BrainSushiBlasted 10.2!! Seems like everything now if for Jaguar, and I'm still on 10.1 (or 10-point-something-less-than-two).

My sister's in college and can buy Jaguar for real cheap, but she keeps procrastinating on that. Procrastination is in our blood. One day, though, I will be completely upgraded!

But going back to editing software, I have Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere (sp?), but choose not to use them because iMovie fits my needs perfectly, and always has. I never make anything feature-length anyway. But now that I've got iMovie3, I can make my movies widescreen :-D  :-D

You just wait. The day will come when you'll want to have sync sound or impact cuts and you'll be kicking yourself for not having learned FCP or Premiere. I haven't used iMovie myself, but I know the audio controls are attrocious. I find it is good to start learning how to edit on something like Videowave or iMovie and then moving onto Premiere and FCP, though.

As for Jaguar, it's kick-ass cool (not to brag) and they keep updating it. I jsut downloaded the third update, 10.2.5. I'm also very much impressed at Apple's quick integration of OS x.2. They popped out all the drivers at the same time as they released it. I was expecting a bit of procrastination. Microsoft always waits and complicates things, just to cause chaos.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Cecil

Quote from: RecceI jsut downloaded the third update, 10.2.5

you mean fifth update

Ghostboy

I've been using imovie for one thing, and that is to record short audio clips(until I get a good audio program). Other than that, it's utterly useless in the face of Final Cut Pro. If you got the programs, take advantage of them...they'll do nothing but help you.

BonBon85

I haven't bought a mac since 1993, so bear with my dumb question: can I use my old pc monitor on a mac or do I have to buy one of those pretty but expensive flat screens made especially for the G4?

Jeremy Blackman

I finally got Jaguar. Xixax looks beautiful in Safari!  :yabbse-grin:

Any really good stuff to recommend? I know, all the DVD stuff (screen caps! I can finally do screen caps! take that sphinx!), but what else?

Cecil

Quote from: BonBon85I haven't bought a mac since 1993, so bear with my dumb question: can I use my old pc monitor on a mac or do I have to buy one of those pretty but expensive flat screens made especially for the G4?

you should be able to use the monitor. are you talking about a new mac tower? cause then the answer is yes for sure.