The Aviator

Started by MacGuffin, January 20, 2003, 01:29:35 PM

El Duderino

so this is what Leo has to look forward to?

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Arnzilla

Quote from: The Silver BulletScorsese is looking old.
He looks like his poppa.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeYour mother is looking old.
My mother's dead, man...

Quote from: ArnzillaHe looks like his poppa.
Italianamerican rocks.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Fernando

SCORSESE'S 'AVIATOR' TRAILER ON THURSDAY'S ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT
Source: ET
Date: June 1, 2004, 1:24 am

Entertainment Tonight will have an exclusive first look at the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's Howard Hughes bio-pic, "The Aviator." ET plans to spotlight the new film on tonight's episode with "An Exclusive Look Inside The Film," and show the new trailer on Thursday's episode.

In the film, due out December 17th, Leonardo DiCaprio stars as Howard Hughes, the eccentric billionaire industrialist and Hollywood film mogul famous for romancing some of the world's most beautiful women.

The drama recounts the years of his life from the late 1920s through the 1940s, an epoch when Hughes was directing movies and test flying innovative aircraft he designed and created. It also chronicles Hughes' struggle with his physical disabilities and phobias, and his increasingly erratic, obsessive-compulsive behavior that led him ultimately to isolate himself from his associates and withdraw from the world.

The film also stars Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, John C. Reilly, Alec Baldwin, Gwen Stefani, Adam Scott, Willem Dafoe, and Jude Law.

Alethia

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

like, oh my gosh...i just realized alec baldwin is in this flick.........well, i guess scorsassy is carrying on  a trend that began w/ gangs of new york to put in at least one cheesy actor  [i.e. cameron diaZ]

ElPandaRoyal

Kind of a cheesy trailer, isn't it?
Si

ElPandaRoyal

Quicktime is better, right?  :wink:

I still don't like the trailer
Si

meatwad

i thought the trailer was good, except for the last title card "The Aviator- A True Story"......they need to drop the a true story part. I was not expecting anything other then what i saw with this film

modage

i'm going to see this and be excited because its scorsese, but if i didnt know it was him that trailer would not have moved me into the theatre with much excitement.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

I didn't think much of the trailer really. It just didn't look like a Scorsese movie. Just a big, glossy piece of hollywood. But I'll still definetly see it anyway (just because it's Scorsese).
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ElPandaRoyal

Yeah, if it wasn't Scorsese I wouldn't probably give a fuck about this movie judging from the trailer. That said, I still have high expectations for the movie, since it's Marty and he is the king. I have a feeling, however, that just like Gangs Of New York, this will kind of disappoint at the box-office  :(
Si

matt35mm

It's unfortunate that it seems like Scorsese's main virtue these days is having the name "Scorsese."  A bunch of you just said yourselves--there's almost no other reason to see this movie.  So because of all that, plus this trailer, now I don't know what to think.  It's up to the reviews, I guess... but it does LOOK boring.

Pubrick

what do u expect, it's called The Aviator, not "the guy who went crazy".

that's why the other HH story woulda been better.
under the paving stones.