Is Soderbergh lying?

Started by kotte, August 25, 2003, 12:20:51 PM

kotte

Would a world without art be unlivable?

Cecil

probably. a world WITH art is barely livable

kotte

Agree with that...

Paintings. Why are paintings important? I don't think I could manage without music, movies etc but paintings...why are they important?

Ok...without paintings there wouldn't be films...That's where it started.

I don't really believe paintings are pointless but I really can't see the fascination with 'em either...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

art is everything, out of fear of sounding like bjork

but art has and always will exist in some form or another, and the more primitive the better

art in school is somewhat a joke , you have it or you dont and some fag hippy pony tail dude wont teach you it

james jamerson the worlds greatest bass player ever, you know how he got started as a kid he took a twig tied a ruber band to it and would play in a ant hole to make the ants dance

that kind of creativity you cant learn , so when people say that shit about art in school being in trouble i roll my eyes, because most of the best music in the world came from guys who didnt learn in school

what music class did james brown take, ??? he took the school of follow your gut and their ass's will follow

pta quit film school, tarantino and the singer beck never went to highschool

life is school, want to make movies watch movies, want to make music listen to music

and dont let some hippy fag tell you what is a good song or movie and what is a bad song or movie

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesart in school is somewhat a joke , you have it or you dont and some fag hippy pony tail dude wont teach you it

No one can teach you inspiration, but you can always be taught the technical stuff, the history, the philosophy, etc.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesart in school is somewhat a joke , you have it or you dont and some fag hippy pony tail dude wont teach you it

No one can teach you inspiration, but you can always be taught the technical stuff, the history, the philosophy, etc.

are you my ying now, follow me around and retort in a retard fashion

here comes my retort , sadlly people like yourself go to school to be taught what to say and think , look back at your threads and all your many quotes you picked up from school

and yes you can learn technical stuff all daya nd night, but if you have nothing to say , whats the point

even a great DP Must be a artist with inspiration, its not enough to know how to use a camera , its about when and why you use it and that you can not learn

now go quote Aristotle, and show off daddys money

i used my dads cash to go to st barts and im still 3000 steps ahead of you, i guess when i make films i will hire guys like you to proof read my scripts, and hold the camera

but hold it  the way I Tell you to hold it, then go get me a fucking coke

Pwaybloe

Dude, I think JB was just telling the truth.  What's the problem?

kotte

Opinions...it's all about opinions...

you can't just bash people because theirs differs from yours.

Freedom of speech as it's called.

Quote from: PawbloeDude, I think JB was just telling the truth.  What's the problem?

no prob, he has a point

but like i said you can learn to operate the most complicated equipment in the world and if you have no vision whats the point

brett ratner and micheal bay, two film school guys and you guys hate them

some people feel that the best music producer in the world is lee scratch perry and that guy i dont think ever went to kidnagarden?

and phill spector would of flunked out of music production school with his ideas back then

so my point is you have it or you dont, you cant learn it

as far as me and JB I think he is just trolling me trying ti pick fights to get me banned, but just to show you how un afraid i am even in this crucial state ( some people know what i am talking about)  , im still sticking to my guns and not kissing ass

Pwaybloe

Quote from: kotteOpinions...it's all about opinions...

No, bud, you missed what I just said.  Just like Alguien missed the point of what JB said.  

It doesn't matter anyway.  This isn't my argument.

phil marlowe

instead of being offended, why don't you just diss back? life is more fun that way.

MrBurgerKing

The best artist I know is the prick who works 9-5 at Burger King flipping hamburgers and putting together that whopper for me. For the best whopper is a work of a great artist. He is a middle aged asian immigrant who most likely sends the money he makes to his family back home so they can live better than all their peers. This artist did not visit any university to learn and understand the ins and outs of a whopper construction, but he went on instinct and guidance from his boss. From all the pseudo-whoppers he's tasted before in Asia. Now when I go to Burger King and eat his whoppers with cheese, I not only eat the whopper, but I digest this asian man's soul and passion.

rustinglass

Quote from: kotte

I don't really believe paintings are pointless but I really can't see the fascination with 'em either...

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Quote from: phil marloweinstead of being offended, why don't you just diss back? life is more fun that way.

they cant it would be funny if they did but i would knock em out

" im so offended" god i love doing that to weak people

kotte

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: kotteOpinions...it's all about opinions...

No, bud, you missed what I just said.  Just like Alguien missed the point of what JB said.  

It doesn't matter anyway.  This isn't my argument.

Sorry...wasn't about your post...Alguien's...

rustinglass: I see your point...but I'm interested in knowing what it means to life.