The Brothers Bloom

Started by MacGuffin, April 21, 2007, 12:33:45 AM

Gamblour.

Saw the very final screening of this here and I'm glad I did. The script is the definite source of any problems here, and for me it wasn't even a big deal. The beginning was a bit longer than necessary and the end was too slow. If it was just tightened up a bit, I would have no complaints, and it probably would've benefited the film as a whole to have a quicker pace. The actors here (except Ruffalo, wasn't too fond of him here, which never happens) are exceptional and it's great to watch. Johnson peppers in a lot of funny moments that I didn't expect and made me laugh a lot.

I enjoyed watching it more than I enjoy thinking about it. The film is a lot of fun, one of my favorites from this year for sure.
WWPTAD?

depooter

Saw this twice and thought it was even better the 2nd time around..can't wait for the Blu-ray.

Greg
www.pixartalk.com

Kal

This film is shit, come on people. What a disappointment.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Started watching this, got about 15 min in, and... I can't. I just can't. This is so heartbreakingly bad. Should I try?

jenkins

I was like, oh god am I going to have to go back to this. This didn't work for me the first time at all and I've never gone back, although I did go back to Looper and that still didn't work for me

Jeremy Blackman

My overall take on Rian Johnson:

- This appears to be a catastrophic misfire (or just not for me?)
- Brick is great
- Looper is good but clearly budget-constrained
- The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie
- He directed the best episode of Breaking Bad
- He directed the worst episode of Breaking Bad (The Fly, not really his fault though)
- Knives Out was my #2 fave of 2019, although in retrospect Little Women might be better

jenkins

well, first of all whatever, I'm not going to leg wrestle about this, but I don't think the budget is the problem with Looper. simply the theme is painfully obvious instead of transcendent. forgive me, should you take it personally, but it's not art

Fuzzy Dunlop

I've really liked everything he's done, including Fly and Brothers Bloom. And this:

jenkins