Thomas Jane.

Started by prophet, April 15, 2004, 01:46:41 AM

prophet

Todd Parker 7 years later:

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

matt35mm

Haha in that shot, you could tell me it was the same character and I'd believe you.  This is what he was doing just before he met Dirk.

prophet

thats strange i saw the poster for the movie from the bus and i knew it was him i guess its because im good at remembering faces. there is something about his mouth that stands out and u cant forget it.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ghostboy

Fast forward another seven years (ignoring the fact that he died) and a frame grab of Jane's 'climactic' scene in The Crow: City Of Angels might be appropriate.

Seriously, though, I think the guy's a decent and likeable actor and hope that Punisher and Dreamcatcher don't completely sink him.

jasper_window

Quote from: Ghostboy

Seriously, though, I think the guy's a decent and likeable actor and hope that Punisher and Dreamcatcher don't completely sink him.

Agreed.  He was good in The Last Time I Committed Suicide too.

Kal

I really like this guy... he is great in 'Boogie Nights' although is a rather small part... 'Dreamcatcher' was the worst movie I've ever seen so I dont even count it... and he was good in 'The Sweetest Thing' and 'Deep Blue Sea'.

What I didnt know and learned later is that in Magnolia he plays the part of Jimmy Gator in the old tapings when he was young, thats really cool but probably most of the people dont notice that its him

cine

Quote from: the great andykWhat I didnt know and learned later is that in Magnolia he plays the part of Jimmy Gator in the old tapings when he was young, thats really cool but probably most of the people dont notice that its him
PTA: Hey Tommy! I got a part for you for my next movie!
TJ: Great! Boogie Nights was fantastic and I loved my role in that.
PTA: Good. Good.
TJ: So who am I in your next great movie?
PTA: You'll be the younger Philip Baker Hall. Young Jimmy Gator.
TJ: Great! Sounds great! I love it! How many scenes?
PTA: Well, here's the thing. . .

mogwai

prophet

he looks better with a mustach.

NEON MERCURY

..whats pretty cool/neat about him is that his name is comprised of two first names one for a male(thomas) the other female (jane).......

...... :turn-l:

Stefen

Quote from: N the E digital O rape N..whats pretty cool/neat about him is that his name is comprised of two first names one for a male(thomas) the other female (jane).......

...... :turn-l:

I hate those kinds of names. I used to get Keith David and David Keith mixed up
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jasper_window

And if you notice in the credits on the poster for The Punisher he's going by TOM Jane, not Thomas.  As a result I think TOM Cruise should now go by Thomas.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: prophetTodd Parker 7 years later:
So THAT'S what he does when he doesn't dance on Sundays.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: StefenI hate those kinds of names. I used to get Keith David and David Keith mixed up

I still do.  Keith David is the black guy and David Keith is the white guy, right?

My favorite was that IMDB had them confused too.  For a good long time, they were listed as having the same exact date of birth. That blew my mind. I was disappointed when it was fixed; I thought that there was some bizarre cosmic connection between the two, like maybe they were God and devil incarnates, put on earth to fight a battle for the control of the universe or something.

Someone get Charlie Kaufman on the phone. I've got an idea for him.

Finn

Yeah, when I heard it was Thomas Jane I figured that it was Todd Parker's revenge. Like maybe he's coming back to "punish" the people that screwed him over and shot him in Boogie Nights.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."