Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

Thrindle

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwhere should i go to college? i want to do tv/film production and can't spend a lot of money.
Where do you live?
Classic.

Hey Thrindle , I have a personal theory that says that I'm the worst kisser in my City. How do I know if I'm a good kisser or a bad kisser?
context, context, context.

Reinhold

i live in battle creek, michigan. i have to go somewhere in the united states... i'll have to pay out-of-state fees if i go somewhere that isn't in New York or Michigan.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

kotte

How do (you think) we change when we have a child?

Like Brad Pitt said in his lates VF interview, unhappieness is underrated. Can't have one without the other. Do you agree?

What artist or band write their songs about you?

Tell me about your first love (if you feel like it).

We need more women with pussy and men with balls. Agree?

meatball

Quote from: kotteWe need more women with pussy and men with balls. Agree?

I do.

Reinhold

i'm looking into the London Film School. is this a decent place to go?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

cine

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri'm looking into the London Film School. is this a decent place to go?
Sorry, how is Thrindle going to know this?

Pubrick

u could say that about a lot of things that hav been asked here. but really, that is the most hilarious one..
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I'm going with Kotte's "I'm a ridiculously creepy person"
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't know if this is asking for advice or ranting, but I told you the story earlier (about myadopteddaughter) and things since then have just gotten much weirder.

She got in a huge fight with her mom and decided to move to her dad's until she would be attending college in Atlanta in the following year.  Well, I hardly see her now because she's either at work, or community college.  Now, the thing is, both are during the day and don't get out until late.  So I can never see her as much.  Maybe once a week when I'm lucky.  So she's hanging out with these new friends she's making and I'm glad she's making friends, but I'm jealous as hell that all these people get to be with her and I can't...people I don't even know.  

All I really want is to see her, but contacting her is nigh impossible.  She doesn't have a phone of her own, but her dad has a cell phone.  So of course, this father of hers that I've met like once, and I'm pretty sure he knows I'm the ex-boyfriend, so I don't want to be calling him up even though she said to call her at that.  I've tried once but not so likely to try that again.

So, of course, it's obvious what I need to do.  I need to give up and move on, which of course was the idea last time.  But I still can't.  I'm having a bitch of a time getting over her because if I ever see her, we both start out acting plutonic and don't touch much, but we always gravitate towards each other and it becomes like it used to be.

If I could get a more definitive answer or anything from her, I might be ok, but I don't know...it's all just horrible.  I can always be pretty much over her, but when I think about her, I lose all the progress I made in trying to get over her.  I know years from now I might look back at myself and laugh and think about how immature I was, but I'm not concerned with the future, I'm a little concerned in resolving the present.

So, I guess...what would you do if you were me?  Don't be ideal and tell me what to do, tell me what YOU would do in my situation so that I don't feel like I'm being too melodramatic.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

would would be worse-being blind or deaf?  why?

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI know years from now I might look back at myself and laugh and think about how immature I was
Will you really?  I don't think you're being immature at all.  I think you're being human.  I think you're feeling like shit.  That is valid.  You want honesty Walrus?  Your situation sucks.  It just does.  But yet again Thrindle has been there...  so...

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWhat would you do if you were me?  Don't be ideal and tell me what to do, tell me what YOU would do in my situation so that I don't feel like I'm being too melodramatic.
You really want to know what I would do?  Because I will tell you and admit my "weakness".  I'd do exactly what you are doing right now (and I think you already know that).  I'd be trying like hell to get over it... and everytime I'd see her (his) face... it would fuck me up all over again and I'd keep trying.  I'd keep wondering what this touch meant, or what that kiss entailed... (it was too intimate to mean nothing... right?).  I'd dwell, and I'd cry, and I'd hope, and I'd rant.  I'd be a little bit pathetic (I really would!).   And then one day, something would click.  I'd meet someone else, or I'd change my pattern with her (him).  The situation would change for me, because change is inevitable.  And it would still hurt like a fucking bitch when I went back to my old thoughts... but that would happen less and less.  I'd get depressed at the idea of forgetting her entirely (because then, what did she really mean to me at all?)  And then time would continue to pass and I realise that she had meant everthing, and that the situation didn't end as I wanted it to, but it did end.  And somehow I had found a new beginning.
Classic.

Thrindle

Quote from: NEON MERCURYwould would be worse-being blind or deaf?  why?
I've always thought that being deaf would be worse.  It would cut off personal contact with other people.  I love music and my world would be silent.  Sound to me is much more useful than sight.  Oh yeah, and obviously I'm a loud mouth... that would be ruined if I was deaf.
Classic.

why is your sig[nature] in your av[atar] in your sig[nature]?

meatball

Which is better?

Being mentally superior and socially challenged?
Being socially superior and mentally challenged?