ED WOOD DVD

Started by Alexandro, October 11, 2003, 12:13:58 PM

Quote from: CinephileFeb 3 is going to hell.

tru,dat.
context, context, context.

Alethia

SoNowThen

Hehehe, I just read this on the Criterion board:

We have a quick update for you on the now delayed Ed Wood: Special Edition. We've been getting a LOT of e-mails from confused retailers, many of whom are telling us that they've already received their shipments of the disc from distributors. The disc had been scheduled for release on 2/3, and many Suncoast stores already have it in their back rooms. However, we HAVE confirmed with the studio that the disc has been indefinitely delayed, so we expect that the disc will get recalled soon and stores will have to return their shipments. No doubt some copies will escape and find their way to eBay. Many readers have noticed that the disc is no longer available on Amazon, and it has been removed from the studio's press site. We'll try to let you know why it was delayed as soon as possible, and we'll post any information pertaining to a new street date as soon as it comes in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hearthesilence
Key Grip
(1/25/04 10:07 pm)
Reply  Re: Ed Wood SE Cancelled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But Mr. Eisner seemed oh-so nice in all his years presenting Disney programming on network television...

Remember the immortal creed he made on his noticeboard: "We have no obligation to make art. We have no obligation to make a statement. To make money is our only objective."

In the spirit of those words and in honor of that man, why not liberate all stores of any backroom supply of Ed Wood-SE DVD's and sell them for profit? Michael would understand.  

Classic. I would love to "liberate" myself a copy of this...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

*Trashes room* Delayed??

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Is there someone who has a finger to the pulse of film lovers everywhere to know which ones to make us want it more?  This poop they pulled with PDL and Kill Bill, now with Ed Wood?

Life is cruuuuuuuuuuuuuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

alright if these will start floating around like the Duel's are, i am pleading to you guys.  ONE of you out there must know someone who works at a Suncoast and can get your hands on a few of these.  i will be more than willing to pay the shipping and cost of the dvd.  PLEASE see if you can wrangle up some of these.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Quote from: themodernage02PLEASE see if you can wrangle up some of these.

Not wrangle, Mod. Liberate.

Yeah, I'm down with that, too.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Redlum

www.movietyme.com

has some in stock but they say they'll go quickly.

...not sure if they ship to the US
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

FeloniousFunk

modage

no, someone go out and round up a few of these!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02no, someone go out and round up a few of these!
Anybody with common sense will sell it on ebay anyway. So let's not try to get a hold of it.

analogzombie

why is this delayed? I mean really, why? I do not understand this. Obviously they have the product produced. Is there some sort of fight over the copyrights or royalties? This is ridiculous i just do not understand why a studio would continue to withhold the dvd release of a film with a built in audience and from such a respected director. To me, this makes no sense at all, none.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Ravi

Quote from: analogzombiewhy is this delayed? I mean really, why? I do not understand this. Obviously they have the product produced. Is there some sort of fight over the copyrights or royalties? This is ridiculous i just do not understand why a studio would continue to withhold the dvd release of a film with a built in audience and from such a respected director. To me, this makes no sense at all, none.

The discs are pressed, as evidenced by the Ebay listings.  Perhaps there was a quality control issue or Tim Burton wasn't happy with it?  Either way it sucks that we have to wait yet again for the DVD.

Pozer

Holy shit I just got mine from my local DVD guy who sells em early.
Holy shit, what do I do?!
This is so.....wait a sec. Ed's Wood? Hard Core Action?
DAMN YOU TET KAKIMOTO FROM A1 VIDEO!!!!

Vivian Darkbloom

O.K, first of all, I know it may sound stupid but you guys need to find yourselves a region-free player because the same edition with the same features and a decent transfer of Ed Wood is available in England at a very affordable price (compared to that e-bay price you gave). And second of all, Chuckhimselfo en Paris, where did you get that Parappa ? I WANT  ONE !!! (tell me you bought i from a store in Paris because I live there so I would just go and buy one now...)

analogzombie

I was in a local music/movie store today when I ran into my friend who just happens to be the Asst. manager of said store. After talking for a bit, I remembered about the Ed Wood dvd. Sure enough they had a couple, and had recieved no word, as of yet, to send them back. When i told her how much they are going for on Ebay she promptly sold me 2 copies (one for me, one to sell) and bought one for herself. Even breaking streetdate. So super score, I got a copy of one of my favortie movies and some free money. today is a good day!  :-D  :-D  :-D
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."