Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

Pas

Everybody was calling me a cuntface when I said he wasn't funny. Now is my time.

Kal

Quote from: Pas on September 04, 2010, 09:26:15 PM
Everybody was calling me a cuntface when I said he wasn't funny. Now is my time.

No.

Reel

Pas

Internet love Conan because he's a geek who is self-aware and ironic, two humor genres that are very popular with the youth. The funniest thing about Conan is Norm McDonald really.

Kilmore (was that his name?) was often funnier than him when they were at the same time.

squints

Jimmy Kilmore? Oh yeah thats the guy.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Kilborn, Killmore...

But yeah, ive never watched Kimmel... He looks pretty funny though

Neil

Quote from: Pas on September 05, 2010, 05:31:04 PM
Kilborn, Killmore...

But yeah, ive never watched Kimmel... He looks pretty funny though

He's funny looking!  That's pretty popular with the youth as well.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

i have hope for conan still but and it explodes is too much of a throwback to the lowest-common-denominator humour that made his Leno year so unwatchable.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

yeah, its like he's trying too hard to be wacky outrageous conan, his leno period was fine only for the fist week, then as you say it was unwatchable, last time he was funny was when he didn't have writers, that period was great, he did stupid dumb shit that came natural and funny, now his wackiness seems forced, its like someone or $omething took over his wacky brain. I blame the millions he made with TTS.

RegularKarate

I have to disagree.  I feel like it's more that his attitude while he's doing it is oldschool.  Everything I watched during his Leno-days he seemed scared that the was going to annoy somebody and had to force having fun.

I feel like this is just him being silly again.

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 14, 2010, 12:12:18 PM

Agreed.  I thought the promo was hilarious.

Gold Trumpet

His promos have been all over the baseball playoffs and I have loved them. Silly charm indeed.

cine

Quote from: Ravi on October 14, 2010, 07:15:04 PM
Quote from: RegularKarate on October 14, 2010, 12:12:18 PM

Agreed.  I thought the promo was hilarious.

double seconded.

Tictacbk

Today "Team Coco" is providing a live webcast of the new show's offices.  So far I've tuned in twice and witnessed first a dancing taco, and now a dancing taco bell.

http://www.teamcoco.com/live

Pubrick

i'll take over for the graveyard shift..

currently 4 dudes and a guy in a dog costume are playing poker.

one of them looks like lance bass/stephen baldwin and another like albert brooks. and the other two are wearing a hat and sunglasses indoors.

EDIT: the game finished and everyone's left, the lights are mostly off except for a discoball. a cleaning lady comes to the stairway to clean up some of the mess left over from the game and some self righteous chick coming down the stairs attempts to have a conversation with her but shit gets AWKWARD when the 40-something hard working cleaning lady either can't speak english or has no interest in talking with some 20-something hipster douchette, anyway the chick awkwardly i mean EXTREMELY awkwardly ends her interaction (like, "ok... uh... bye!" does a weird arm gesture and leaves). haha. that'll teach her to patronize people outside her class.

EDIT 2: there's a guy straight out of jersey shore that thinks he's running the show. he is the biggest douche on the internet right now.
under the paving stones.