I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pas

Pwaybloe

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on April 18, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
I love it, too. Is that a Region Free bluray?? It's one of my favorite Silents, and appears to be the only version released that I can find. Are most of Eureka's bluray's regionless?
Since they are based in the UK, I'm going to take a wild guess that they are PAL.  But, I do believe they are region-free.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pwaybloe on April 18, 2011, 06:24:27 PM
Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on April 18, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
I love it, too. Is that a Region Free bluray?? It's one of my favorite Silents, and appears to be the only version released that I can find. Are most of Eureka's bluray's regionless?
Since they are based in the UK, I'm going to take a wild guess that they are PAL.  But, I do believe they are region-free.
In that case:

Thanks for the heads-up, wilder!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pas

You're at least 2 out of 3 fine! http://regionfreemovies.com/studio/Eureka

Region-coding is a crime against humanity, period.

Ravi

Since they are based in the UK, I'm going to take a wild guess that they are PAL.  But, I do believe they are region-free.

PAL and NTSC don't apply to HD. If there are supplements in SD on the Blu-Ray, they will be PAL or NTSC.

Pas

Quote from: Ravi on April 18, 2011, 09:27:05 PM

PAL and NTSC don't apply to HD. If there are supplements in SD on the Blu-Ray, they will be PAL or NTSC.

But beyond pal and NTSC there is region coding no? What you mean is ps3 will read any blu way whatsoever but if the extras are SD-PAL then it won't read??

Pubrick

PAL and NTSC are not region codings.. even if this has PAL/NTSC footage it's something your TV should fix up automatically. i don't think it's a blu-ray player or even dvd player thing anymore. it might have mattered for VHS.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pas on April 18, 2011, 09:07:07 PM
You're at least 2 out of 3 fine! http://regionfreemovies.com/studio/Eureka

Region-coding is a crime against humanity, period.
Thanks for the link, and according to it City Girl is listed as "Unconfirmed Region A," which is the Americas, no?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on April 19, 2011, 04:28:27 AM
PAL and NTSC are not region codings.. even if this has PAL/NTSC footage it's something your TV should fix up automatically. i don't think it's a blu-ray player or even dvd player thing anymore. it might have mattered for VHS.

In the US most TVs are not dual-system, but a lot of DVD players can do automatic PAL to NTSC conversion.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

Quote from: modage on April 19, 2011, 11:27:42 AM
3 Shows, 1 Film = $90

not bad not bad, i'ma waiting for complete series boxsets from now on, but that's a deal and a half.
the one last hit that spent you...

Reinhold

thanks for the heads up about those amazon deals

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

P Heat

^^^
NICE PURCHASES!!!

i see you saw those criterion sales lol. wish i had a bluray player.....
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Both purchases related to deal postings on Xixax:

Une Femme Mariee (MoC) blu-ray
City Girl (MoC) blu-ray

Army of Shadows (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
Topsy-Turvy (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
Shock Corridor (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
Amarcord (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
Kes (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]

Though you may not guess it, I'm also job hunting right now.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," BolaƱo says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

samsong

only sweet smell of success and blow out for me.  i find out if i have a job i've been in the process of applying for tomorrow.  if the news is good i'm going to go fucking nuts on this sale.