The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

I am Schmi

Seeing as we're discussing theaters and what not, I've been eyeing Arclight's theater in Hollywood. I know the theater will get it on The Master's first official public debut (Sept 14th), however I'm second guessing whether or not the decision is realistically the best choice for me.

Cloudy

Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Went to see Killer Joe a couple nights ago (hilariously demented/fun) with my fellow cinephile friend who isn't watching any The Master material with me. So, during the previews The Master trailer appeared beginning with that hypnotic track over the TWC logo appearing, and we sprinted out of the theater faster than Aurora (once again, I'm really sorry if it's too soon).

SOMEONE ELSE BOOKED IT WITH US TOO...the things we go through for a PTA film.

/endstory

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: CloudAuteur on August 10, 2012, 02:54:31 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Went to see Killer Joe a couple nights ago (hilariously demented/fun) with my fellow cinephile friend who isn't watching any The Master material with me. So, during the previews The Master trailer appeared beginning with that hypnotic track over the TWC logo appearing, and we sprinted out of the theater faster than Aurora (once again, I'm really sorry if it's too soon).

SOMEONE ELSE BOOKED IT WITH US TOO...the things we go through for a PTA film.

/endstory

LOL I don't know how you guys do it, man... I really don't. I wish I had that kind of will power. When anything "master-related" comes out, I'm on it like Polanski on a 12 year old... I've probably seen the trailer more than 300 times by now (That first day it came out I had it on repeat all night long). But good on ya for staying "Trailer-free".  Maybe when the next PTA film comes out, I'll do the same........ Maybe.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

everythingtarantino

hey tyler thanks for just delivering the news  :yabbse-thumbdown: get the fuck outta here whats with that kinda talk my main man.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: everythingtarantino on August 10, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
hey tyler thanks for just delivering the news  :yabbse-thumbdown: get the fuck outta here whats with that kinda talk my main man.

Do you plan on making any useful posts, or are you going to continue with the vague ineffectual trolling?

InTylerWeTrust

Jeremy, Do him a favor and BAN HIM.

EDIT: I just saw he sent me a message saying "FUCK YOU AS WELL!". This guy is a CLOWN. Unsuccessful Troll is Unsuccessful.

Jeremy Blackman

Polkablues has already banned him. Problem solved.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Moving along...

polkablues

He needed more free time to devote to his true calling: preventing goats from crossing bridges.
My house, my rules, my coffee

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: matt35mm on August 10, 2012, 11:41:44 AM
Yeah, I feel like it's appropriate to have all the XIXAXers near Austin meet up to watch The Master in 70mm. PTA brought us together in the first place, and this is a cause for celebration. I say we watch The Master, go get drunk, and then watch The Master again.
I will happily accept two tickets and gas money as an early wedding present!
Unfortunately, I probably won't have a chance to see this in 70mm, unless they decide to play it in Atlanta.
Hearing of this, and the routine 2001 screenings, begs the question "what am I still doing here?"
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Melisande

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 09, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Where's Melissa? She AIN'T HERE. She ain't gonna be here.

I am here, though!  :ponder:

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Melisande on August 10, 2012, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 09, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Where's Melissa? She AIN'T HERE. She ain't gonna be here.

I am here, though!  :ponder:

Ok.... Welcome  *Kanye Shrug*...

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: modage on August 11, 2012, 11:43:19 AM
9 New Images From 'The Master'
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/08/9-new-images-from-master.html

NICE.... Hopefully these ones won't get removed. But I'm downloading all of them just in case.

modage

Yeah, they're probably going to. I have the old ones too if you still need them.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: modage on August 11, 2012, 11:56:28 AM
Yeah, they're probably going to. I have the old ones too if you still need them.

Oh yeah, I still need them...