Chumscrubber

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, March 04, 2006, 11:05:59 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I looked around for it, but didn't find a thread for it.

Well, I saw mention of it, but it was brief, so I'd just bring it up here.  What did anyone who saw this think of it? 

The movie had some cool messages... parents always laughing and drinking wine, kids always doing pills, kids living completely separate lives unbeknownst to their parents.  I mean, Carrie Anne Moss and Camilla Belle were both really hot, but this movie didn't really do much for me.  My opinion could've been swayed entirely if there was some frontal nudity. 

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it was certainly better than I thought it was going to be.

SPOILERS. kind of...

Though I have to admit, I thought it was kind of funny how they kidnap the wrong kid, but run with it anyway.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

The Red Vine

I skipped it. it looked like another American Beauty wannabe with depressed kids and parents in suburbia. yawn.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

RegularKarate

whoah, "Redvines" skipped it, take THAT Chumscrubber

The Red Vine

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 06, 2006, 12:58:10 PM
whoah, "Redvines" skipped it, take THAT Chumscrubber

indeed  :yabbse-grin:
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

mattqatsi

It actually wasn't another American Beuaty remake. It did have many of the same undertones, but was a generally entertaining film. I don't want to give too much away, but it wasn't just about a depressed family in Suburbia. The main plot is pretty much a metaphor of the life of a mentally retarded person, with a mix between Garden State and American Beauty. Its not the best film ever made, but it does have Ralph Fiennes in it, which does help. Its a definate see for a rainy day when you've watched every other choice.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't get it, does your name mean "Matt Life"?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Quote from: mattqatsi on April 19, 2006, 10:26:29 PM
It actually wasn't another American Beuaty remake. It did have many of the same undertones, but was a generally entertaining film. I don't want to give too much away, but it wasn't just about a depressed family in Suburbia. The main plot is pretty much a metaphor of the life of a mentally retarded person, with a mix between Garden State and American Beauty. Its not the best film ever made, but it does have Ralph Fiennes in it, which does help. Its a definate see for a rainy day when you've watched every other choice.

Quote from: Walrus on April 19, 2006, 10:57:58 PM
I don't get it, does your name mean "Matt Life"?

mattlife, tell us here