CRASH

Started by Finn, April 20, 2005, 05:02:29 PM

w/o horse

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkQuote from IMDb:

"I agreed to write the pilot because I thought it would just go away, but it became this huge hit and I remember waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning in a cold sweat, dripping wet. I mean, I was drenched. I just pictured my tombstone and it said: 'Paul Haggis: Creator of Walker Texas Ranger.' So the impetus for making these movies is really just to wipe that image from my mind."

So wow.  Maybe life really is that dramatic for Paul Haggis.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

and then it snowed.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

'Crash' position: Sept. 6 on video

The acclaimed indie film "Crash" will be released on video Sept. 6, Lions Gate Entertainment is set to announce Monday. The DVD ($28.98 ) will include an introduction and commentary by writer-director Paul Haggis as well a "making of" featurette and, tentatively, a music video. "Crash" also marks Lions Gate's first day-and-date Universal Media Disc release, targeting the lucrative young-adult market that has embraced Sony's PlayStation Portable. "This picture is truly a phenomenon, given that it started with a $9 million opening weekend and is projected to do more than $50 million, five times its opening gross," Lions Gate Entertainment president Steve Beeks said. "This just demonstrates how the public has really locked onto this picture. It has not only found an audience but worked its way into common, everyday vernacular. Everywhere I go, I hear people talking about this picture."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Brazoliange

umm, wasn't Saw Lion's Gate?
Long live the New Flesh

w/o horse

Quote from: Brazoliangeumm, wasn't Saw Lion's Gate?

Read it again, slower, more carefully.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

cine

Quote from: Brazoliangedrunk post?

MacGuffin

FX gets 'Crash' course

After a detour to the big screen, writer/director Paul Haggis' "Crash" is about to reach its original destination: television.

FX is developing a cable TV series based on the hit Lions Gate Films release, which has earned almost $50 million after eight weekends.

Don Cheadle, one of the stars of the gritty drama about race relations in post-Sept. 11 Los Angeles, is likely to appear in and direct several episodes of the project if it goes into series. Sources said talks are under way with all other members of the cast, including Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Brendan Fraser and rapper Ludacris, to reprise their roles from the film.

Haggis is executive producing the TV project, which has received a script commitment from the network. Bobby Moresco, who co-wrote the feature script with Haggis, is in negotiations to write the pilot script, sources said.

The idea for "Crash" stems from a real-life carjacking that happened to Haggis and his wife 10 years ago in front of a video store in Los Angeles. The scene is re-created in an opening scene of the movie by Bullock and Fraser as the couple whose car gets stolen.

Several years later, Haggis woke up one night with the idea for "Crash" and soon penned 40 pages. Because of his TV pedigree, Haggis, who by that time had worked only in television on such series as "thirtysomething," "Due South," "EZ Streets" and "Family Law," envisioned the project as a TV series while also pursuing the project as a feature.

But in 2001, when reality was red hot and taking over drama series' one-hour time slots, no networks were interested. So Haggis called his friend Moresco, and the two finished the script as a feature.

Lions Gate picked up "Crash" at the Toronto International Film Festival last September for $3.3 million and released it May 5. By that time, Haggis had received an Oscar nomination for writing "Million Dollar Baby," and Cheadle an Oscar mention for his lead role in "Hotel Rwanda."

"Crash" has emerged as the indie hit of the summer, and is expected to do continue its successful run on video when it's released Sept. 6.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

not sure if this is a good idea
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, usually a TV series is a crappier version of the movie... so... um...

What would be funny is Crash became a reality TV show.  Where they put racists from all walks of life into a room, the last one not conforming to some ridiculous ideal of "equality" wins.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: WalrusWell, usually a TV series is a crappier version of the movie... so... um...

What would be funny is Crash became a reality TV show.  Where they put racists from all walks of life into a room, the last one not conforming to some ridiculous ideal of "equality" wins.
Sounds like a winner, but ya, most of the movie to TV stuff is complete shit.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"Easily the strongest American film since 'Mystic River'."

How many movies has David Denby seen?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SHAFTR

Quote from: The W"Easily the strongest American film since 'Mystic River'."

How many movies has David Denby seen?

Haggis and Denby were at the Crash screening.  I left hating all 3.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

Quote from: HedwigSeptember 6, 2005
why not just post the pic?

under the paving stones.

Finn

that's really good for a dvd cover
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."