Best Film: LOST IN TRANSLATION

THE NOMINEES

21 Grams
Finding Nemo
Kill Bill: Volume 1
Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
Lost In Translation

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

modage

i'm sorry but the more i think about it the less fond i am of the film.  i think that after seeing it in sept.  i enjoyed it a lot and for the next 4 months or so every word of praise i read about it sort of rose-colored my memory of the film.  so when i re-watched it a week or two ago after buying it, i was underwhelmed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

kwitchyerbitchin  :-D

You had to have seen this coming...
And besides...it is the best of the year.

ono

Quote from: IP Freelykwitchyerbitchin  :-D

You had to have seen this coming...
And besides...it is the best of the year.
My sentiments exactly.  I'm happy here.  :)

ElPandaRoyal

Voted for 21 Grams, but loved/liked all the nominees.
Si

godardian

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumVoted for 21 Grams, but loved/liked all the nominees.

Me, too, but this makes me less unhappy than if some of the other nominees had won...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SHAFTR

This was a tough choice for me.  I think Lost in Translation was the best film, but Kill Bill was my favorite.  I voted for Kill Bill b/c I went  to the theatre 4 times to see it, that has to count for something.  I'm very happy with the result though.  As long as LotR didn't get it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

man.... you guys suck......

Kal

voted for LOTR... but that would be my 2nd choice

Chest Rockwell

I don't understand how certain films win certain categories all I hear afterwards is people saying they voted for something else.

Pas

I tought Kill Bill would win this, I voted for it. But I'm happy LiT won

Banky

fuck all this shit

anyone else say LOTR?