Best Female Performance

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 24, 2004, 06:44:22 PM

brockly

Ono gave an opinion and you told him he was wrong with the only reason being that you understand acting. i failed to see how you attempted to change his opinion. otherwise, why insult him? don't just tell someone they don't understand acting without backing it up cause it's just annoying. i haven't seen monster though, so im not taking sides here.

Chest Rockwell

As I said, for the most part she was good, but there were parts when I thought she was trying a little too hard. That main scene that sticks out in my mind is the one in which Charlize and Christina's character are at some diner, and then Charlize blows up at the waiter for telling Christina to stop smoking. I felt that every line delivered in that scene was delivered incorrectly, especially "Bring it." It's mainly just that scene; I was perfectly fine and forgot it was even Charlize for most of the film. I felt Naomi did a better job, as her performance really gripped me, had me at a near emotional breakdown for a good part of the film.

And besides, me saying anyone overacts IS an opinion just as me saying Lost in Translation is the best picture of the year. It's all relative.
But again I say she overall performed very well, just not amazingly as most people hype her to be. I think all this hype she's been receiving is due mostly to her uglification, and I think that's a shitty thing. There were better performances this year--that's all I mean to say.

cine

Quote from: Chest RockwellAnd besides, me saying anyone overacts IS an opinion just as me saying Lost in Translation is the best picture of the year. It's all relative.
And I think if you actually read my previous posts, I already established it can be an opinion. It all depends on how you write it. Initially, no, you made it come across as fact when it wasn't.
Quote from: Chest RockwellI think all this hype she's been receiving is due mostly to her uglification, and I think that's a shitty thing.
It's a shittier thing when moviegoers like you say something like that.

pete

Quote from: CinephileBut -- once again -- she either was or wasn't and people who study acting and do acting just know right off the bat that Theron did NOT overact.

what do they know?  most people who study acting overact a little themselves.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

Quote from: pete
Quote from: CinephileBut -- once again -- she either was or wasn't and people who study acting and do acting just know right off the bat that Theron did NOT overact.
what do they know?  most people who study acting overact a little themselves.
:roll:

pete

even your smiley overacts, marlon.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton