Best Male Performance

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 24, 2004, 06:42:50 PM

Find Your Magali

Kudos to Murray for the best performance in a career whose top five performances stand up to almost anyone's in the biz.

Gloria

Quote from: MacGuffinDel Toro gave the best performance of the entire cast of "21 Grams" and possibly of his career.

Agreed.  I couldn't keep my eyes off him on the screen.  He was so magnetic and powerful in 21 Grams. Really great.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: phil marlowe
Quote from: IP FreelyEDIT: 500th post! When do I get my little tagline thing?
never if you keep crazy posting like this. overposting will not earn you respect, in fact it will make quite unpopular.
Not to mention changing your name to something awful.
It was more of a one-time joke because of a previous post RegularKarate had made.
I didn't really notice any overposting on my part. I've only been making one post in each of the Awards threads every...I dunno, whenever I felt like putting in an opinion on something. But I guess I'll lay off a while if the general consensus says I need to.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: MacGuffinDel Toro gave the best performance of the entire cast of "21 Grams" and possibly of his career.

Couldn't agree more. And the dvd comes out in 3 weeks!!!
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Henry Hill

what about sean penn? he has done some phenomanel acting over the years. i love bill murray, i do, but i dont believe his performance in Lost was better than sean penns in Mystic River. as the vote should go to the best performance of the year, sean penn has deserved it for a long time. it shouldnt be this way, but actors and actresses win all the time based on their career. come on, denzel washington for Training Day?  although i am making this case i still think sean penn gave the best performance of the year and hope he takes the oscar home. when you think of great actors does bill murray come to mind over sean penn? i may be way off base, but i dont think so.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: filmboy70the vote should go to the best performance of the year
Exactly.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanGiamatti overacted.

He is portraying Harvey Pekar...how did he overact?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

meatball

Go Benny Go Go Go.

In my eyes, Del Toro deserved this the most.