Best Supporting Female Performance: Marcia Gay Harden for MYSTIC RIVER

THE NOMINEES

Marcia Gay Harden (MYSTIC RIVER)
Holly Hunter (THIRTEEN)
Lucy Liu (KILL BILL: VOLUME 1)
Emma Thompson (LOVE ACTUALLY)
Renee Zellwegger (COLD MOUNTAIN)

Chest Rockwell

ehh.....Well at least it's not Renee Zellweger.

phil marlowe

Quote from: IP Freelyehh.....Well at least it's not Renee Zellweger.
word

Jeremy Blackman

I thought this was one of the worst performances of the year.  :(

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI thought this was one of the worst performances of the year.  :(

I didn't think it was necessarily one of the worst, but I didn't find it anything special. Hope Davis should have been nominated and won for American Splendor. Patricia Clarkson for Pieces of April, too.

xerxes

yeah i agree, her performance was like the movie, not all that special

ElPandaRoyal

Am I the only one who thinks Emma Thompson gave areally fantastic performance and should have won this?
Si

xerxes

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumAm I the only one who thinks Emma Thompson gave areally fantastic performance and should have won this?

no

SHAFTR

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumAm I the only one who thinks Emma Thompson gave areally fantastic performance and should have won this?

she got my vote.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Mine too.  But I never got to see Mystic River.

Chest Rockwell

I voted for Holly Hunter, though as I say had Hope Davis been nominated I would have voted for her.

Pas

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT

I hated that performance so much. Emma Thompson really really deserved this.

Lame.

MacGuffin

No.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

emma's performance was great. it's just that she was criminally under used. but again, that's not her fault.

bonanzataz

who voted for her? i hated her in the movie. i thought she was so not believable or special. my vote went to holly hunter, but, once again, had hope davis been nominated, i probably would've given it to her. too bad i was absent during nominations.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls