Best Original Music: KILL BILL: Volume 1

THE NOMINEES

Big Fish
Finding Nemo
Kill Bill: Volume 1
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
Lost In Translation

modage

how much of the music was really original?  most of it was from someplace else.  rza seemed like he only really did odds and ends to fill in the gaps.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

THANK YOU!!!

This was worse than the Kill Bill  Best Screenplay nomination.  It's like 85% needle-drop.

oh well

phil marlowe

that's just fucked up, what's it llike, three minutes?

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

Yes, the music was great, but not really original. Perhaps we need a new category, "best music choices"...

modage

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYes, the music was great, but not really original. Perhaps we need a new category, "best music choices"...
best soundtrack (non-original songs).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

Gah, this is just lame.  There's more original music in my 15 minute film school movie than KB1.  Hope there's something a little more substantial in vol. 2.

ElPandaRoyal

Man, Danny Elfman was nominated and should have won this for Big Fish...
Si

Film Student

I love Kill Bill with all my heart, but WHO THE FUCK voted for it to win best original music?  actually, I counted votes so I KNOW who...

RZA sampled/re-envisioned everything, almost none of it was original.

The Award should've gone to Kevin Shields, NOT because I'm orgasmic over Lost in Translation, but because I'm orgasmic over My Bloody Valentine...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Kal

Soundtrack is excellent... but I dont think its original... he just picked really good music... LOTR had really good original music...

Pubrick

the ppl of xixax hav spoken, and they don't know what they're talking about.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pthe ppl of xixax hav spoken, and they don't know what they're talking about.
hahaha, that should be a new banner.

Anonymous

brockly

Quote from: Anonymousbig fish deserved this.

wtf? that was me posting.