Magnolia frog on ebay.....FAKE?

Started by Girlonthemoon, March 09, 2003, 04:28:39 AM

Girlonthemoon

While running through check of all things PTA on ebay, I came across a funny thing. I can't quite believe this a genuine article...!

Not interested in bidding, but what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3315292557&category=790
Hud at ya blades...

Dirk

When the movie was released, a whole bunch of them were being sold on eBay so this may be someone reselling it. It also comes with a certificate of authenticity so I'd say it's an actual prop from the movie.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Girlonthemoon

Cool! But wouldn't you say this one looks different than the others? It totally looks like the dude's made that himself! LOL!
Hud at ya blades...

©brad

Quote from: Girlonthemoon

I have $51.21 in my bank account. what to buy; a stupid plastic frog or a few cases of brew-haha. hmmmm.....

you have the dvd, isn't that enough?

Girlonthemoon

I couldn't agree more. I found it funny, that's all.
Hud at ya blades...

sphinx

no, that's one of the legit frogs, i recognize it from all the other auctions with similar pictures of that frog from different angles

Girlonthemoon

Cheers for clearing that up sphinx. Dunno why, but I was under the impression that the frogs were perishable...ho-hum
Hud at ya blades...

Derek

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: Girlonthemoon

I have $51.21 in my bank account. what to buy; a stupid plastic frog or a few cases of brew-haha. hmmmm.....

you have the dvd, isn't that enough?

I wouldn't call it a 'a stupid plastic frog,' I think a lot of attention was put into making these frogs, and they are a unique collectable. Kind of a piece of movie history.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

prophet

Invalid Item

The item you requested ( 3315292557 ) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

kotte

Well, this thread is almost a year old... :roll:

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

SoNowThen

I have one of these ebay frogs. My buddy bought it for me last Christmas (2002). When I opened the present, it scared the shit outta me, cos I mean, hell, it looked like he just killed a huge frog and wrapped it up. Then I realized what exactly it was...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.