Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Lottery

Finally caught up to the latest episode after being behind for two seasons. Holy shit man.
I am seriously loving Season 5, it's already my favourite.

Quote from: ©brad on August 27, 2013, 12:29:24 AM
I'm calling it now, I think Jesse will survive the series.
I feel if anyone should kill Walt it should be Jessie.

Lottery

Probably the least awesome episode of the season so far but it had some really cool moments.
It's totally fallen apart for Walt and Jesse but some part of me wishes/expects Jesse and Walt to be together in the one year later part.

Also, I am now questioning Hank's good-guyness.

Jim Steele

Quote from: Lottery on September 02, 2013, 01:41:53 AM
Also, I am now questioning Hank's good-guyness.

How so? I mean, if the head of the DEA has to sacrifice a troubled kid to catch one of the biggest meth makers in the--hell, the world?--you think he's not going to taken that chance. Sure, as an audience, we sympathize with Jesse, I do too (i would love to see walt and jesse be buddys again more than anything) but Hank will--and should--do anything to catch Heisenberg. I don't think that makes him a bad guy. Now, what he did brings up the question "can jesse trust him" which is now: not with his life.

also the question 'does hank love jesse as much as walt' which is a no

and can we talk about how heartbreaking it is to see them like this. when hank was telling jesse of how walt loves him more than anything. I think walt does genuinely care for jesse regardless of everything that's happen.

Lottery

I mean it's logical but the way he said it was interesting. Everyone is trying to kill someone or have someone dead at this stage. Walt spent this episode wanting to talk with Jesse but the last few moments hint that he may have to take care of him (or in the next episode, the situation will be defused easily and he just wants Jesse captured by force).

So Todd's uncle's nazi gang will probably play a big part in the last few episodes it seems.

Drenk

Quote from: Lottery on September 02, 2013, 01:41:53 AM
Probably the least awesome episode of the season so far but it had some really cool moments.
It's totally fallen apart for Walt and Jesse but some part of me wishes/expects Jesse and Walt to be together in the one year later part.

Oh, I loved it. We have Dave and his guitar and Marie quoting poison from Wikipedia. Walt and his lies (it's always funny to observe him when he's manufacturing one) Skyler who just doesn't give a shit about killing someone else at this point. I though : "Walt, why do you lie to your wife? You don't have to. Fuck you." Marie is great. The Purple Mad Queen. I thought Hank wanted to take care of Jesse, even if he's working him in order to get what he wants, Walt (and he wants Walt so badly -anger, anger, anger.) But he doesn't care about Jesse. Jesse can die. Who cares? Walt. Well, he did. And that's sad...Sad, yes; but Jesse has an idea and he smiles. Oh. And nazis. I'm just listing the episode but it's my favorite episode of the season so far.  :bravo:

4 episodes left? I don't know how they'll deal with it, but I'm excited.

Ascension.

Lottery

Best thing about the episode for mey was it setting even more things in motion and really seeing the characters for who they are. Very much excited for the next few episodes. What I'm really hyped for is seeing how the 'one year later' part actually occurs. Like does Walt have anyone anymore at that point?
And Walt Jr is still oblivious. Walt has been doing a fair job. Unless this somehow happens:

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Drenka on September 02, 2013, 06:06:23 AM

Skyler who just doesn't give a shit about killing someone else at this point.

That has definitely been the most "terrifying" moment for me this season (so far). The look on her face and her vocal tonality as she said "WHAT'S ONE MORE?". Fucking goosebumps. If Walter by himself was a menace, don't even want to imagine now with a psycho wife.

Anyone thought Marie was really hot in this episode? She's never been "bad looking" by any means, but in this episode she was just fucking hot.

I'm tired of Jesse crying every episode, it's gotten old and downright pathetic.  I loved it when they gave him that DEA coffee mug. Hah. They should've just have a rat walk across Hank's living room and hit us over the head with it like at the end of The Departed.

Favorite line for me had to be : "Mr. White is gay for me. Everyone knows that!".   

Second favorite:   "Mr. White, he's the devil. He is smarter than you, he is luckier than you. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, I'm telling you, the exact, reverse opposite of that is going to happen."   

^ See? You guys's crappy "predictions" are worthless. Just shut the fuck up and surf the wave until the bitter end like everyone else.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

max from fearless

Exactly what Freddie said.

Marie = super fucking hot as she listened to Hank explain why Jesse should stay at theirs.

Episode suddenly came to life when Skyler dropped the "WHAT'S ONE MORE???" line.
If Walt brought Skyler in fully and she became Mrs. Heisenburg, they would rule the galaxy together.

No more predictions I'm just curious to see if Lydia comes back into this?

Lottery

Bah, prediction and speculation are always part of the fun. There's always that contradiction of never wanting to be spoiled but biting your fingernails and desperately thinking about how a situation will resolve itself. Lydia will most definitely come back into the mix I feel.

On a vaguely related topic- did anyone find Lydia almost distractingly eye-catching during the desert shootout with Declan and Todd?
Must have been the blue.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: max from fearless on September 02, 2013, 07:57:41 AM

If Walt brought Skyler in fully and she became Mrs. Heisenburg

Someone on facebook called her "Lady MacMeth", I thought that was funny and appropriate.

Something I just remembered, did you guys noticed the books on the shelf before Jesse snitches:

- THE RAT
- The dutch  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_book)  (http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Teri-Woods/dp/0446551538)  (Both relevant)
- THE FINAL DAYS
- The indians book
- DEADWOOD
- DESTINY
- BIG SECRETS
- THE MONEY HARVEST
- Rainbow's end - the crash of 1929

Because of shitty quality, I can't read everything clearly. But those are the most visible ones for a reason. Shit is crazy.

Pubrick

the greatest show of all time and you idiots are talking about how hot marie is?

way to set the bar low on what we could be discussing.

anyway this episode was brilliant. what does Jesse mean when he says "hit him where he lives"?
under the paving stones.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Pubrick on September 02, 2013, 10:18:38 AM

what does Jesse mean when he says "hit him where he lives"?

He's talking about Walt's money. Next episode is called ""To'hajiilee"", supposedly that's the area of the desert where Walt hid his money and it's also where Jesse and Walt cooked for the first time.

Jesse knows the only thing Walt gives a fuck about is his money and his name. Next episode we might see Walt lose his fortune. (Now you got me doing fucking predictions, hypocritical as fuck).

Pubrick

there's nothing wrong with predictions, that's half the fun of the show. kudos to whoever you're stealing these pics/info from.

anyway that's cool. unless walt leads them there like an idiot, they'll have to figure out the lottery ticket coordinates, which only he knows about. seems quite unlikely.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Freddie on September 02, 2013, 08:10:08 AM
Quote from: max from fearless on September 02, 2013, 07:57:41 AM

If Walt brought Skyler in fully and she became Mrs. Heisenburg

Someone on facebook called her "Lady MacMeth", I thought that was funny and appropriate.

Something I just remembered, did you guys noticed the books on the shelf before Jesse snitches:

- THE RAT
- The dutch  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_book)  (http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Teri-Woods/dp/0446551538)  (Both relevant)
- THE FINAL DAYS
- The indians book
- DEADWOOD
- DESTINY
- BIG SECRETS
- THE MONEY HARVEST
- Rainbow's end - the crash of 1929

Because of shitty quality, I can't read everything clearly. But those are the most visible ones for a reason. Shit is crazy.

It said DEA on his coffee cup but isn't it also a hint that he might not make it until the last episode? I saw it as the viewer might added a D on the cup.

Brando

The opening was really intense. When Walt walked into the bedroom and the camera started to dolly backwards, I thought that was going to be it. I thought Jesse's shoes would walk into frame and we would have a western showdown between Walt and Jesse right there in the hallway.

Albuquerque has some really nice hotels with inside pools and spacious rooms that are really nicely decorated with moody lighting.

Hank has lost it. He's crazier than Marie. Hank is so determined to get Walt that I'm still thinking it's going to lead to his downfall. He's just acting stupid. He wanted to put Jesse in the system. They wouldn't have gotten anything from Walt with the bug. He was willing to sacrifice Jesse. I think Hank might end up doing something really stupid and get himself or somebody hurt.

The magnet and the train heist were both Jesse's plan. It would make sense that Jesse would take all he's learned from Walt, form it in some sort of wild Waltesque scheme and lead to Walt's demise. Jesse vs Walt, crazy plan vs crazy plan.

Targeting Walt's money does make sense cause it's the only thing tying him to being Heisenberg but they're trying arrest Walt for murder and being Heisenberg so that can't be the plan or all of it.

Quote from: Pubrick on September 02, 2013, 10:18:38 AM
what does Jesse mean when he says "hit him where he lives"?

My guess would be his empire. Walt is out but is still connected to the empire he built. Walt's been naive when it's come to being in the drug business. Jesse was always smarter and should know one can't walk away that easy. Jesse could have a plan to fuck up some shit and cause Walt's empire to collapse around him. It'll bring Walt back into it and they'll be able to catch him in the act.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.