Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Fernando

Quote from: 72teeth on October 09, 2011, 04:40:24 PM
:yabbse-smiley:

this was my exact reaction when it ended.

Quote from: O on October 10, 2011, 04:10:28 PM
Also, I found this list of loose ends for the next season.

• Jesse is on tape with Gus somewhere in a mexican meth lab.
  • Hanks' investigation was just flatly dead-ended.

1. not only that was filmed, Gus' lab was wired, as JB said, how much info/footage is on gus' laptop? too much.

2. when the DEA connect the dots of Gus and the fire in the laundry they will realize Hank was right all along, so my feeling is they probably will hire him back, if that isn't aloud because of how he was fired, then as an advisor or something.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 10, 2011, 10:13:55 PM
Man, that phone call that ended the episode was just perfect. "I won"... flawless. That exchange between Skylar and Walt was so cathartic, too, for some reason.

Totally, especially ''I won'', his delivery was amazing and so was skyler's holy shit face.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 10, 2011, 10:13:55 PM
Gus's cartoonish death did kind of break the fourth wall for me. I guess I would have preferred to see his head rolling out the door or something like that (cartoonish, but still somewhat realistic). I did, however, absolutely love the way he died. Tio playing such a crucial role there was so perfect that I wonder why we didn't see it coming. Also, how fitting was that to end it all with the bell ringing? So perfect.

agree on all counts again, gus walking out and fixing his tie was just too much and his face didn't looked realistic at all, BUT, I got over that pretty fast, and more so now that I found this cap from the 1st episode of this season:

I wonder how many clues can we find if we would re-watched the whole season again.

Another funny moment to me was when Walt is closing Hector's door at the hospital, his evil expression is priceless, it reminded me of the simpsons.

If they can keep the writing quality for the next 16 episodes this could be the best series of all time.

Vince Gilligan has said all along that the show will show us the transformation of Walter from "Mr. Chips to Scarface,", and boy has he done that so far.

edit:
part two is up.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan-walks-us-through-breaking-bads-4th,63113/1/

O.

It goes all the way to Season 2.

superb

Jeremy Blackman

Brilliant!

The bear is a coincidence, though. Vince thought of the "face off" idea while working on Season 4. (Although you may have been joking.)

Love that picture of Walt through the door. So evil. He's enjoying this way too much.

Fernando

of course, someone already did a gif of walt closing that door:

btw, the cap I posted above from the 1st episode is Gale Boetticher's apartment.

Kal

I was sort of bored with XIXAX overall, and just kept coming in to read this thread. Guess now I have almost no reason to come back until next year.

Can't wait to see what they do in the new season. Will Hank be back with a huge promotion? I wonder if they will continue digging into what happened with Gus and try to find other people involved. How quickly until Walt is cooking again? Perhaps Saul has an active role setting up the new operation. And perhaps the show goes back to Season 1 when they need to figure out how to move product. Only this time Walt is a badass. Should be fun!

Jeremy Blackman

It's entirely possible that Walt doesn't cook meth next season. But very unlikely that he doesn't get into trouble.

Some new unforeseen financial situation could make him desperate, but that seems a little contrived, especially since they have income from the car wash.

If Walt does cook meth next season, I will be skeptical, but I'm sure they could pull it off.

Ghostboy

Something will come up with Ted, who's almost certainly still alive. That's all I'm willing to predict.

polkablues

I feel like the main thrust of the final season is going to be Hank closing in on Walt.  Also, at some point shit will hit the fan when Jesse somehow finds out about the double whammy of Walt letting what's-her-name OD and poisoning the kid.  Things are not going to end well for Walter White, in my estimation.
My house, my rules, my coffee

I Love a Magician

i just hope it's not by walt spilling the beans while he's drugged/out of it for some reason like all the other times he's let things slip ("which phone?" calling jr. "jesse" a few episodes back, almost telling jesse about jane in 'fly'). those are great moments but it would be much more powerful if he confessed it while lucid or if jesse somehow found out himself.

edit: whoopz, "fly" not "bug"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: I Love a Magician on October 15, 2011, 12:39:46 AMi just hope it's not by walt spilling the beans while he's drugged/out of it for some reason like all the other times he's let things slip ("which phone?" calling jr. "jesse" a few episodes back, almost telling jesse about jane in 'bug'). those are great moments but it would be much more powerful if he confessed it while lucid or if jesse somehow found out himself.

Agree. But almost telling Jesse about Jane doesn't count, because "Fly" was a bad episode. I'm still trying to pretend it doesn't exist. (I hate to over-correct, but "Bug" was an actually good episode in Season 4.)

But yeah, I think they've clearly set up Hank for some even better action in Season 5. He deserves it, and I'm sure we'd all be rooting for him.

Walt will almost certainly come to a horrible end of some kind, perhaps from cancer. If there's one thing Vince Gilligan keeps preaching, it's that actions are supposed to have consequences in this show. Speaking of which, I wonder if Saul has something coming, and maybe even Mike. Jesse has already suffered plenty of consequences, so I'm again predicting that he's a main (if not the main) Season 5 protagonist. Wouldn't it be messed up but perfect in a Breaking Bad sort of way if Jesse turned against Walter, then teamed up with Hank? What's possibly more interesting is how Mike will fit into all of this. I predict a season of very (intentionally) confusing and shifting alliances among the characters. A season of consequences.

squints

Quote from: squints on August 10, 2011, 05:18:07 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 10, 2011, 05:16:26 PM
Quote from: ©brad on August 10, 2011, 04:34:34 PMI read an interview with the guy who plays Mike and he said he spends a lot of time with Jesse this season.

Oh, interesting... maybe some unconventional rehab?

maybe mike turns jesse into a killing machine...

I am the only one on this board who has guessed something remotely correct.

i deserve a prize in the fantasy breaking bad league
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

Hey, I've guessed plenty of things correctly! Unfortunately that's mostly a result of the sheer volume of predictions I've made, most of which have been wrong.

I wouldn't call Jesse a killing machine; he's a tortured murderer. And Walter did that to him, not Mike. Any marksmanship skills he has are probably attributed to his video game playing. (Or did Mike promise to give him shooting lessons, which happened off-screen? I don't remember.) We can probably credit Mike (and I guess Gus) for getting Jesse off meth and pulling him out of his funk by making him feel valued. Mike and Gus are the heroes of that particular story.

Fernando

wouldn't be logical that Walt to fully transform into scarface somehow tries to take over Gus distribution business? that's my prediction.

of course there's Mike, but maybe Jesse convinces him to join them or to spare Walt's life...

so many possibilities....

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on October 15, 2011, 03:16:03 PMwouldn't be logical that Walt [...] somehow tries to take over Gus distribution business? that's my prediction.

That's what I thought a while ago, but everything about the end of Season 4 suggests that both he and Jesse want to be done with it.

Something major will need to happen to cause Walt to cook meth again, if he does.

The destruction of the superlab and all that production does leave quite a vacuum, so I am curious to see what fills it. Is it possible that Mike tries to recover the operation?

Ghostboy

The show's done a really good job of not backtracking or retreading much ground. I think the superlab is done.