Matt Groening

Started by cron, December 26, 2003, 10:29:58 AM

i got the 4th season of Futurama for the Christmas so i'm in a phase.    i  love how they (the creative team) are able to cram  all the depth the series has/had in only 22 minutes (something Family Guy lacks,  but that's a different story) .

i was wondering if anyone knows about his upcoming animated projects, cause i just read an interview where he said he was doing something something similar to The Simpsons, animation-wise.

i don't  watch TV but I think that Futurama has turned into the first cult series i've been a witness of.
context, context, context.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pas

Family Guy is WAY funnier than the Simpsons

it is (but shhh)

that is why i did not give an opinion on The Simpsons .  it's a very touchy subject.

godardian

Matt Groening is a son of Portland (like me). I grew up revering him, way back when he was just doing the weekly "Life in Hell" strips. He's a legend of misanthropy. He and Lynda Barry were the eighties prom king-and-queen of scathing/odd "underground" comic stripping, and both from the Northwest... hmmm....

Godardian salutes Akbar and Jeff- the only true strike for genuine gay equality in the arts so far!  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Gamblour.

chuckhimselfo and Pas Rapport...them's fightin' words...I've defeated and destroyed the enemies of the Simpsons, the red pro-Family Guy elite, but I think I'm sick of fighting. Some people just have bad taste.  :P
WWPTAD?

godardian

Quote from: Gamblor du Jourchuckhimselfo and Pas Rapport...them's fightin' words...I've defeated and destroyed the enemies of the Simpsons, the red pro-Family Guy elite, but I think I'm sick of fighting. Some people just have bad taste.  :P

I enjoy both shows.

But not equally; I do prefer The Simpsons.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

hey,   gamblor du jour,  "don't let me be misunderstood".

my only beef with the simpsons is that the show got really silly these last seasons.  that's it. other than that,  i was LITERALLY raised by that series.

and see? now i'm a champ.

Quote from: chuckhimselfo

it's a very touchy subject.

SEE WHAT I MEAN?

Gamblour.

All in good fun, I, too, was raised on the Simpsons, when someone says something is better than the Simpsons, it's like kicking me in the balls and saying my parents are assholes.
WWPTAD?

Pas

South Park is better than the Simpsons too

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: HOMER SIMPSON IS COMPLETLY WACKO !!!!!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D

phil marlowe

pas..you blasfemer motherfucker

i like family guy and i love southpark but there is no way simpsons should be dismissed just because of a few bad seasons.

when simpsons is good, it's really really good.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas RapportFamily Guy is WAY funnier than the Simpsons

i agree wholeheartedly. i only said simpsons because it was around before futurama and before family guy. it had a cult following before futurama. he said futurama was the first cult series he'd seen.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

i wouldnt call the simpsons a cult series....  not if it has made   Fox earn 1 billion dollars.  that's a little bit un-cult.  ha.

freakerdude

Aren't Trek-ies considered cultists of a sort? Personally, I am a huge Simpson's fan and am glad to be able to watch reruns in Atlanta every weekday.
MC Pee Pants