White Bird in a Blizzard

Started by wilder, December 23, 2013, 03:31:12 AM

wilder

A young woman's life is thrown into chaos when her mother disappears.

Directed by Gregg Araki
Starring Shailene Woodley, Eva Green, Christopher Meloni, Jacob Artist, Gabourey Sibde, and Angela Bassett
Release Date - VOD on September 25th, theatrical release on October 24th (limited)

Just Withnail

Cocteau Twins! Looks intriguing. Only seen Mysterious Skin but loved it. Arakians, what else should I watch?

wow, what a vague yet amazing trailer. very excited.

just withnail:

considering you liked mysterious skin, i would say 'nothing', unless you just want to be educated on his filmography.
his previous films are 'horrible' not in a sense of 'bad movie', but it is very obvious that he's just trying to be gross and weird with the intent of being artistic, he tries and fails to recreate the mood of wild at heart in a lot of his films, imo, and it just comes off as a tepid more realistic imitation of a troma film. he likes to put homosexuality in your face in a deliberately unpleasanty manner. i mean, watch them, just to see, you might actually like them, but mysterious skin and this are a complete 180 of the style of doom generation, nowhere, and living end.

chimbo

Quote from: 03 on December 23, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
he tries and fails to recreate the mood of wild at heart in a lot of his films, imo, and it just comes off as a tepid more realistic imitation of a troma film.

That's exactly how I feel about his other movies. But I still got a guilty pleasure out of watching them.  :oops:
白い目覚め

Pubrick

Came here for the title.

Stayed for Eva Green.

Almost lost me at Gregg Araki.

Upvoted 03.

Leaving here thinking it will be a sort of boring, inconsequential film. In the same way that Araki is a sort of boring, mostly shit director who got saved by JGL and Sigur Ros.
under the paving stones.

wilder

VOD on September 25th, theatrical release on October 24th (limited)

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

wilder

wilder